🔒 SS2 to appear on GOG.com soon?

2 Guests are here.
664906323ca53
Join2Quote

Quote by Briareos H:
So who lied? We already know that the GOG rep fabricated a nice little story about his "techninjas" so I might be tempted to believe Mr. Kick. Place your bets!
Possibly both. If both parties blame each other then it's hard to find which is the culprit. Isn't that an ancient tactic?
664906323cc2c
icemannQuote
So Night Dive is blaming GOG. Interesting.

Doesn't the GOG release contain far more than just SS2Tool? Was reading over at TTLG that it contains New Dark content as well (the main exe file for the game and some other stuff). If that is true then Night Dive did no work on the game at all. He DID do great work in getting all parties (EA, Star Insurance etc) to all agree on a deal however which I will give him some points for, as that was an achievement in itself. Taking credit for other peoples work though no. Very bad.
664906323ce14
redrain85Quote
I'll go with both.  I think Night Dive didn't inform GOG of exactly what was done, and GOG embellished on the additional changes they claimed they did.  (Either that, or neither party wanted to acknowledge the work done by others because it might have initially placed their ability to release SS2 at risk.)

Regardless, I'm betting neither side really cared up until this point.  Since the author(s) of NewDark are anonymous, there was no need to credit anyone.  Meanwhile, Night Dive (conveniently?) overlooked the fact that the author of SS2Tool isn't anonymous.  (Possibly hoping Kolya and other contributors wouldn't care or might not notice?)

All that being said, here's something else to take into consideration: the timing of person(s) making an effort to secure the rights to SS2 - only after NewDark was released - is rather curious, don't you think?  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

Still, credit due to Night Dive (well, it's really just Kick isn't it?) for securing the SS2 rights.  I'll give them that.

I guess we'll never know the full story.
664906323cf6a
HikariQuote
Kolya, am I a bad person for wanting NIghtDive/GoG to keep using ss2Tool to keep the release(s) synced to the latest set of bugfixes?

Seriously dude you're being a pretty chill guy about all this considering you totally got ripped off. If/when money becomes available (stupid needing to eat) site's getting a donation from me.
664906323d1e8
MarvinQuote
Mmh, juicy. I''m eagerly awaiting GOG's response.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact