6633b661dc376
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 CyberBlutch Rebirth 05
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 13 »
Read 1132030 times  

6633b661dc92fTucalipe

Re: SS2 Rebirth Beta 01 - Complemented Version
6633b661dc9a1
can't I even use the new skin with the old model?

6633b661dcb6fmiracle.flame

6633b661dcbf0
nope, I had the same idea but it's not possible due to the different number of textures the two models use.

only way would be remodelling the bots so they aren't buggy and use all the textures.
6633b661dcd4d
Aye Thiink this pic is really scary  :thumbwink:
wat happened to that person in dat thing eww  :weird:

6633b661dce02miracle.flame

6633b661dce52
You mean my avatar? That's me. I've raised from the dead... eyes burnt badly with hot scissors.  :shifty:
6633b661dd012
Hello! I have just registered to this Forum and I am hoping to soon win an auction for SS 2. My on-topic question is: would you rather recommend Rebirth Complemented or Arcaniac Graphic Pack Reduxed V2? Together with one of the two, I would also like to install: Straylight ADaoB, SHTUP and Zygoptera UltimateSpawnMod (I have always hated respawning in any game). Are both Rebirth and Arcaniac mods fully compatible with those other mods I mentioned? Could you be so kind to give me advice/suggestions, if you have any? I'd like to know a little more about Kolya tool and Modmanager. Thank you very much!

6633b661dd11fNameless Voice

6633b661dd175
For your first play through, I would advise you not to intall any mods other that SHTUP.
6633b661dd360
Respawning enemies are an integral part of SS2. Try and deal with it because otherwise you only play a mutilated game.
Rebirth and Arcaniac's Redux mod should be compatible with Zygoptera's Spawn mod. If there's a problem the Modmanager will tell you so.
If you want to ask a specific question about the SS2 tool or the Modmanager feel free to do so. Otherwise I suggest you start with the Mod User FAQ.

Also, what Nameless said.
6633b661dd5c7
Thank you very much for your replies, guys!

I see you both agree about respawning being a key element of the game. Too bad I really hate games that make use of it. But I will surely follow your advice and will change the way the original game does.

But why wouldn't you recommend Rebirth/Arcaniac and ADaoB?

Isn't the second just to be considered almost an unofficial patch?

And doesn't the first two just deal with graphic? Speaking of that, could you recommend one over the other?

You should also consider that I would hardly play the same game twice.

Thanks again!

6633b661ddcf6miracle.flame

6633b661ddd51
Nice to see you Salk coming here from QHIMM forums. )) I've read your question about recommended mods. You know I've asked the same question at S.T.A.L.K.E.R. forum which has hundreds(!) of mods and I got some similar answers like you did. Use none, bla bla...
I don't understand. I'm not going to play the game over again in near future so why not experience as much as the mods offer???

Here's what I recommend...
1. Definitely SHTUP
2. Definitely SHMUP
3. Definitely ADaoB (but see Optional 1. for better alternation)
4. Definitely Elderon Psi-amp
5. models... this is bigger chapter. I was fan of rebirth models for a long time but I recommend Arcaniac's over it. The models are more high-poly and detailed not to mention more natural, variating and thrilling look. Some people say Rebirth models have cartoon feel on them. Now that I heard about it I think the same. :D
But let's look into this deeper. Rebirth COMPLEMENTED has some other non-human models into them and I'm not sure whether Arcaniac has those too. So what I'd do is activate Rebirth in Mod Manager and put Arcaniac over it to overwrite existing models. Now there's one thing about midwife model. I find it non-fitting from original Rebirth nor Arcaniacs. I'd pick the model from Rebirth (files fembot.bin and midw_crp.gif) and the face texture from Redux German Conversion mod...this is the file midw_hd.gif. Oh and if you do you'll need a ghost woman model as well from Rebirth too (trust me)... that's the file ghost_f.bin and textures ghost_f.gif, ghost_fh.gif.
6. guns... well I've mentioned psi-amp above so that's a must-have and I'm considering Arcaniac's weapons that are part of his graphics pack the best ones. Although I didn't like tha hand models so I removed the hands manually and have weapons only.
7. sounds... there are some weapon sounds in the database but I didn't like any of each most. I made a combination and variation of them to fit my needs. You can download my combo at the bottom of this post and listen to the files in your music player to see (hear) if that fits your needs. Anyway I strongly recommend to give a try at least once for JossiRossi LowtechWeaponSounds. It's great fun. :P

Optional but fitting for first play:
1. Unified and revamped .mis mods - it contains some mods that are otherwise non-compatibile with each other but I've unified them so they work this way. It's ADaoB 0.2.6 with Ultimate Spawn and med/sci improvements + some MP fix on one level. Slight revamp from my side you can read about it in the thread.
I'd strongly recommend this if you feel the same way about respawn like I do. I simply like the feeling of having CLEAN deck. You won't get any "experience" or something like that for killing respawned enemies anyway. I've added WormOnly choice so the only respawned enemies would be lame worms only (they could have crawled through any crack so it won't look weird when they appear on clean deck). And you have this with ADaoB (not possible otherwise) and some more fixes from my side...well read for yourself. It is non-obtrusive because you can set your level of respawning at the beginning and NORMAL spawning is one of the choices too so I'd recommend this mod for default use.
2. Kolya's crosshair - the original is really plain so pick one that you like most - mine is hazard blue
3. ZylonBane NoHealthBar or VagueHelathBar - seeing exact amount of hit points of your enemy is somehow odd to my liking and I thing no cyber rig no matter how advanced could calculate some exact amount. I use VagueHealthBar where you can see Optimal, Damaged and Critical state of your enemy.
4. Mute Security Camera - if you consider yourself skilled FPS player definitely use this because otherwise the cameras element in game is absolutely lame and you'll get no fun from alert system.
5. Hackable cameras and bots - Flatliner's great idea. One big dissapointment - you can't use it with along with other shock2.gam mods because of incompatibility. But I'm working on some project that would let you combine various features of those mods and I've already prepared those Enhanced cameras + hackable bots:
- you can hack them
- cameras will be absolutely disabled (frozen) in hacked mode
- enemies won't shoot cameras when hacked (neutral team)
- damaging cameras will trigger alert instantly if not killed in one hit (increased camera's hit points a bit so it occurs more often)
- enhanced death effect of cameras (no funny detonation)
- (fixed bug with damaged doors not blocking vision nor sound)
You can download the alpha part at the bottom..because this project won't be completed so soon (I'm lazy you know) and I guess you want to play right away.

NEW: You can use Flatliner's which I've updated in the meantime.

Second run mods:
1. To play SS2 over again I'd recommend using TF SecMod. Hopefully he'll release updated version till you consider playing second run.
2. Pop's Difficulty and enhancement mod is also great alternation for more amusing second round.
3. Level Selector Revisited is fine mod for those who have played throgh SS2 at least once.

You really should read through SS2 Modding mechanics & compatibilities to understand a lot around combining and tweaking various mods and what they really do.

Hopefully one day you'll make an addition to these mods here...like you did to FF7 mods. ;)

UPDATE: Oh I forgot to make clear that this shock2.gam of enhanced cameras alpha is indeed compatibile with ADaoB 0.2.6 and U&RMM so no need to make compromises.

EDIT:
I wrote something wrong about the midwife mixing...fixed.
Directed to updated Flatliner's.
« Last Edit: 20. June 2009, 16:05:23 by Kolya »
6633b661ddfa1
The reason many people play this game at least twice is that due to the limited resources in the game you can't be a jack-in-all-trades. You have to specialize your character. So in a second playthrough you can explore other ways and skills to beat the game.
Anyway, you can use ADaoB of course. And you can put on other mods as well. You just won't be able to judge these mods' changes for yourself because you never played the game as it was retailed.
If you insist on playing once only, I suggest this combination: SHTUP, Rebirth, ADaoB.
(Redux' changes are more drastic than Rebirth's + it introduces bugs with bot-movement.)

6633b661de033moonmood

6633b661de082
Thanks!
6633b661de17f
Thanks to Kolya and to the extremely exhaustive contribution of my "old pal" miracle.freak also known elsewhere as miracle.flame. I will treasure your advices!  :thumbwink:

6633b661de21dhananaf

6633b661de278
what if i do not have a disk and want to get the xp fix where can i do that?
 :scratch:

6633b661de682EvaUnit02

6633b661de6d9
what if i do not have a disk and want to get the xp fix where can i do that?
 :scratch:
Just patch a fresh installation of the game with SS2tool, tick all of the fixes.
6633b661de803
Both Rebirth and Arcaniac have some style changes I don't like, as the anime cyborgs in Rebirth and the nazi helmets in Arcaniac. Overally, I still prefer Rebirth as less dramatically different though.

6633b661de8b9Digital Hitman

6633b661de910
I only have one question about this mod...
does it allow the Jocke NoSpiders mod?  :confused:
since it replaces the Enemie models...

6633b661dea36ZylonBane

6633b661dea87
What are you, some kind of anti-spider pansy?

6633b661deb27Digital Hitman

6633b661deb7a
nah just wondering
besides it makes it easier...

6633b661dec68miracle.flame

6633b661deceb
It should work.
Does Modmanager say anything about incompatibility???

6633b661def9eNameless Voice

6633b661deff4
does it allow the Jocke NoSpiders mod?  :confused:

:rolleyesgreen:
Unfortunately, yes, it does, because changing the models of non-existant spiders doesn't make them any more existant.

6633b661df0b1Not You

6633b661df107
Is there a plan on making a newer version of SS2 Rebirth - Complemented?  I wouldn't mind a new model for the player in multiplayer modes.

I would like to see you guys continue to work on this, great job so far!
6633b661df221
There might be a player model sometime, actually there have been several attempts. But it won't become part of this mod most likely but get released separately.
Rebirth is Cyberblutch's work and he has stopped working on it a long time ago when he got a job with Arkane Studios.

6633b661df2d5Not You

6633b661df320
I see.  That's a little unfortunate, seeing as this game is still alive by it's fans.  Are you still working on mods, or are you just here for support?  I'd like to make a few on my own, but I don't have the experience with SS2.
6633b661df6f3
Some mods are being updated, some aren't. In most cases it's not necessary, those serve one purpose and aren't as open ended as say ADaoB, SHTUP or as unfinished as Rebirth. Of course new mods appear from time to time. Two of the latest greatest would be SHMUP and Tacticool.
In any case, none of this has anything to do with your making new mods, has it? You're welcome to do so anyway.
Only if you're looking for the kind of "support" that ends up with others doing what you want, you'll be disappointed. There are only few modders and those will rather spent their time on their own projects. They are helpful, make no mistake, but only to a certain point.
Help requests are best aimed at the SS2 Missions forum over at TTLG or visit our IRC channel sometime.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a ____, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
and out of it and feeling blue
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6633b661df853