6636fdcd88e1b

6636fdcd893f8
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SCP Beta 5 Issue Reporting
Page: « 1 ... 5 [6] 7 »
Read 4735 times  

6636fdcd89d9aZylonBane

6636fdcd89e08
Assuming that mod works by making keypads unsolvable until their quest conditions are met, it shouldn't matter what the keypads are actually linked to.

6636fdcd89f44Nameless Voice

6636fdcd89fb6
I'd leave the training one alone, as it re-locking allows the player to try hacking it again.

6636fdcd8a239ZylonBane

6636fdcd8a293
Rarely, but occasionally, I'll see players confused by the fact that in the hack/repair/modify interface, the horizontal and vertical connecting lines are different colors.

It's completely reasonable to assume that different colors mean different things. But here, the different colors mean absolutely nothing. They're just two bitmaps, iface/hrmbarv.pcx for the vertical bar, and iface/hrmbarh.pcx for the horizontal bar. The difference is almost certainly a mistake. I'd guess that Irrational was playing around trying to decide which color they liked best, and accidentally shipped it this way.

So in the interests of making this game, that can be confusing and overwhelming for newbies, be a teeny tiny bit less so, I'd like to make these both the same color.

But which color?

6636fdcd8a393voodoo47

6636fdcd8a3e7
I would leave it be. a bit of confusion is not bad sometimes.

6636fdcd8a495ZylonBane

6636fdcd8a4e5
Jesus christ what kind of attitude is that towards UX.

6636fdcd8a787sarge945

6636fdcd8a7e4
The standard highlight colour looks more consistent and in-line with the interface, but the orange stands out more.

I would go with the consistent option.

6636fdcd8a8a0ZylonBane

6636fdcd8a8f4
The color they picked for ICE nodes is also kind of... not good, IMHO. The manual says they're red, but they're actually brown (#703E09). Orange when brightened. Cant' just make them pure red though, because red on green is a recipe for eye strain.

6636fdcd8a99asarge945

Acknowledged by 2 members: Nameless Voice, Chandlermaki

6636fdcd8aa9dZylonBane

6636fdcd8aaf4
Since monkeys kill themselves SO MUCH with their own shots, I wonder if it would be too much to give them some resistance to their own shots. E.g. give red monkeys resistance to incendiary damage, and blue monkeys resistance to cold damage.

6636fdcd8af98sarge945

6636fdcd8afef
Since monkeys kill themselves SO MUCH with their own shots, I wonder if it would be too much to give them some resistance to their own shots. E.g. give red monkeys resistance to incendiary damage, and blue monkeys resistance to cold damage.

This would be a nerf to cryo/pyro users, would it not?

What if they did a duplicate damage type that everything else had the same resistances to as normal, but they had 100% resistance.

"Backdoor Access Utilised"

*cheesy music starts playing*

6636fdcd8b0a7voodoo47

6636fdcd8b0fc
I find the little bastards blowing themselves up sometimes quite enjoyable. would leave it be.
« Last Edit: 16. April 2024, 09:21:13 by voodoo47 »
Acknowledged by: RoSoDude
6636fdcd8b56b
Rarely, but occasionally, I'll see players confused by the fact that in the hack/repair/modify interface, the horizontal and vertical connecting lines are different colors.

I don't think I ever even noticed the difference in colours (I have never been observant - and I wanted to be a detective, when I was a kid...). But I think that orange looks more striking, as in it doesn't look so much like part of the interface, so it could be said to underline the illegal (illegal as in not usual with the interface, because it's a sign of the interface being hacked) action being performed.

6636fdcd8b64fvoodoo47

6636fdcd8b6a5
at one point I was thinking this may be hinting your chances of successfully turning another node, but no, this really is just that horizontal lines are green, and vertical are orange-ish.

still think this does not need a-changing.

the fact the training voice says ice nodes are RED even though they are oh so obviously not annoys me more (but would still leave it alone, probably).

6636fdcd8b781ZylonBane

6636fdcd8b7cf
Just noticed a fun little bug that got faithfully translated over to the Squirrel version of the ecology script: If you're spotted by a camera, then run around getting spotted by other cameras during the security alert, when the alert ends only the camera that initiated the alert will be reset. All the other cameras will be stuck in high alert mode for... a while.

6636fdcd8b9cdZylonBane

6636fdcd8ba26
Also, not really a bug, but in misc.str there's a string definition, InvFull:"No room in inventory." But it's never used. If you try to pick up something with a full inventory it still displays "Whatever picked up.", followed immediately by Betty saying "Item dropped."

6636fdcd8bab8voodoo47

6636fdcd8bb03
let me guess, squirrel it up so it would say No room in inventory instead?

6636fdcd8bb88ZylonBane

6636fdcd8bbda
Item pickup is an engine-level function.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

6636fdcd8bc7aNameless Voice

6636fdcd8bcc6
Plus, I suspect people would miss that "Items dropped" prompt.

6636fdcd8bda7ZylonBane

6636fdcd8bdfa
That's actually handled by a different subsystem. The frob-handling module displays "...picked up", then calls the add-to-inventory function in the inventory handler, which spits it back out into the world if there's no room.

I suppose the picked-up message is more informative than the no-room message, since it tells you what you tried to pick up.

6636fdcd8beddZylonBane

6636fdcd8bf30
Now possible to mod in background music for the Body of the Many, should you choose to do so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp8weHk0eNU
Who among you can come up with an actually appropriate track for such a setting?
Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki

6636fdcd8c168ZylonBane

6636fdcd8c1c2
Fun Fact: Soma Drain will kill eggs, but won't give you any HP from them. This is because it works by sending two signals to the target: "subtract target HP", then "add player HP". But when eggs die, the egg object is deleted, so nothing exists to receive the second signal. Oops.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Replicator restrictions are in place for the good of whom?:
1 Guest is here.
those damn neo-secular pirates again!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6636fdcd8c2e6