SS2 Zygo Arena

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/11▶▶
6646f9f1a1047
ZygoQuote
Tags: °FM °multiplayer °SS2

New version uploaded. This version requires newdark (v2.4)

If anyone wants the old dark (2.3) compatible version let me know and I'll make it available again.

After a development time of over two and a half years (!) here it is, the much delayed Arena. (As discussed on TTLG)

Basic premise: you wake up in environs mysterious and have to fight your way to safety. Monsters and items are generated randomly and there is a plot, of sorts, to follow. In essence it's a frag fest. It also ought to be multiplayer compatible, and rather difficult. There are plenty of alterations from the basic SS2 system and some interesting additions including a full automap, altered weapon balance and effects, and new enemies with new means of attack. Skill costs etc. have been rebalanced too. Hackable (neutral) cameras allow for you to 'see' enemies in nearby areas on the automap and upgraders will disappear once used to reappear in new locations.

Manual installation instructions and more information are included in the readme.

NOTE: There is a non-consistent crash bug which is, er, non-consistent. It's also infrequent, but I would recommend fairly frequent saving in case it does occur.

NOTE 2: Hard is a lot easier than it was, but it still lives up to its name, as does impossible...
Acknowledged by: daniel
6646f9f1a1292
KolyaQuote
Yay! \o/
Thank you Zygoptera, coming from you I'm sure this FM will be nothing short of excellent.
I'll try it tonight.

Edit: What about an announcement on TTLG shockgen
6646f9f1a1374
ZygoQuote
I'm about to post on TTLG, it finished uploading near 1am and I felt tired so didn't announce it in TTLG immediately. It's also why I'll add some xtra comments to the first post I probably should have added initially.
6646f9f1a14be
KolyaQuote
WOW!

This is the new multiplayer's choice. It's fast, hard and surprisingly untypical for shock.
And it's crazy cool.  :thumbwink:

There were some problems installing this, related to write protected files in the install dir.
Try rightclicking your shock2 install dir, choose properties and turn off write protection for ALL files including subfolders.
Then install the Arena.

Zygoptera's Arena FM was announced here on TTLG.
6646f9f1a15a0
AssassinQuote
Zygo's arena is relly good FM. :thumbwink:
Its really not in ss2 style.
Page: 1/11▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact