❕ SS1 Proper Logs

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/17▶▶
664701e38f961
KolyaQuote
Tags: °SS1 mod

Since version 1.0 SYSTEMSHOCK-Portable contains this mod.

Before neither the 'terse' nor the full text options showed the exact text as heard in the CD version of System Shock. This mod (originally by Gigaquad) syncs the texts with the audio heard from logs, emails and traps. As discussed on TTLG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfH_XKz9yLw

DOS, SSEE Classic (SHLink), and Shockolate source port - backup your original CYBSTRNG.RES and CITALOG.RES (found in \SSHOCK\RES\DATA\), and replace them with the new files from the archive. Make sure messages are set to "Both" in Audio options for the text to show. Logs and e-mails only have normal length text available, so don't choose terse text length.

SSEE Source Port - extract the properlogs folder from the archive to your %APPDATA%\Nightdive Studios\System Shock EE\mods\ folder, use the built in mod loader to activate.

As of v1.06 of this mod, masculine references to SHODAN have been removed from the few emails and logs that had them (both audio and text).

SS1_text.7z is the original mod, use that if you don't care about the modified audio (to install, replace your CYBSTRNG.RES after backing up the original file).
664701e38fafc
DarknatQuote
Hey, you know of the tools necessary to extract and pack the text again? I want to do a spanish translation of the game and it would help a lot if anyone already got the tools.

I know there is a text extractor somewhere on this forum, but it doesn't work with this RES file, which is the one I want to translate so it has the same text as the logs. Also, I would need to repack the text again so it works with the game.

I would ask on the TTLG forums, but it seems I can't reply to posts or send private messages even after activating my account.
664701e38fbe5
KolyaQuote
I just added a whole slew of editing tools for System Shock I had lying around here. I hope you find some of these useful. It's entirely possible Gigaquad used Hex-Editing to do his translation though. Keep that in mind.
664701e38fc98
DarknatQuote
Thanks a lot. I'm gonna check them right now :)

Gigaquad said in the post that he had the "neccesary tools" so I assume he did it without an hex editor.
664701e38fd40
KolyaQuote
It might be worth contacting him then. Also note the transcript from his thread that I also added in the first post now. Should be quite helpful for a translation.
Page: 1/17▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact