SS2 IonosFear Testlevel

1 Guest is here.
6646d9fa697a1
RocketManQuote
I'm trying to do this myself but my absense of ShockED skills is getting in the way.  After analyzing the default earth.mis and the new one, I think I know how to fix this level in theory but not in practice:

I need to make a multibrush of the training areas and copy them into the test level (somehow)
I need to create a teleport trap linking from the booth in the main part of the level to the test area's teleport trap.
I need to add a couple of sound traps with the correct sound schemas so the robot talks to you.
I need to make a button or something for the basic training booth since you can't currently get to it and then make the button teleport you to basic training instead of using a trap for that.
I need to make sure the process is reversible by setting a marker or something at the origin point in the main part of the level so you can return from training.

Is this right so far?

Couple problems with this...

1. The default earth.mis appears to be stripped so there's no architecture to store in a multibrush.
2. I don't know how to make and copy multibrushes from one file to another.
G. Somebody do it for me so I don't have to continue embarassing myself :P
6646d9fa69f29
EnchantermonQuote

Quote by RocketMan:
1. The default earth.mis appears to be stripped so there's no architecture to store in a multibrush.
The unstripped missions pack include earth.mis.

Quote by RocketMan:
2. I don't know how to make and copy multibrushes from one file to another.
Select one brush, then hold down Shift while selecting all other brushes, then release. In the Multibrush menu, click Save Group and give it a file name. Load Ionosfear's level, go to the Multibrush menu, click Load Group and select your file. The multibrush will appear.
If you don't have the Multibrush menu then you may have to load custom menus; I don't know if it's there by default. I have NV's DromED menus installed, though I'm not sure where you can download them.
6646d9fa6a03f
RocketManQuote
Sounds straightforward enough....I'll give it a shot.
6646d9fa6a152
RocketManQuote
Ok so far it looks like copying and loading multibrushes is about as easy as I figured it would be....that is if you don't count the fact that you have to shift-select every single thing in the multibrush manually....is there no way to highlight multiple items simultaneously by drawing a box around it or something? There are some really tiny objects that I feel like I'm going to miss.

Second problem I'm having is that when I paste the multibrush in the new earth.mis, the textures are screwed up.  They're plain gray tiles everywhere when they were clearly something different before.  I'm getting a headache thinking about what's involved in a copy/paste operation for ShockED
6646d9fa6a235
EnchantermonQuote
There's no drag-select that I know of. As for the texturing, you may have to redo it manually; I don't know. What I told you was all theory; I've never actually done it (other than testing to make sure it worked like I thought it did).

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact