6636483addcee
3 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Blue Mod Manager
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 22 »
Read 18753 times  

6636483ade3adSimplex

Re: Re: SS2 Blue Mod Manager
6636483ade423
Do you plan on basic conflict detection? (I mean just warning user that activating this mod will overwrite these files that were added in a previous mod, nothing fancy).

6636483ade558bluemess

6636483ade5d3
Right now I'm adding some more basic features, but when I'm done I might give it a try.

I realize that having conflicts detection would be nice feature, which would distinguish MM from manual mod management, in favor of MM. I don't know much about modding, but I assume that simple checking if "somefile.pcx" was replaced by "somefile.png" doesn't cut it? Some content can be replaced by files with totally different names, and it would require insights into modding to get it right, am I right?
« Last Edit: 14. May 2013, 20:09:49 by bluemess »
6636483ade80f
If I was you I'd leave my hands off conflict checking beyond what you've already done (checking for gamesys mods). At best you could check if a file of the same name is loaded into the same place, but as you noticed, that doesn't say much. The old manager did this and it didn't help, just confused the newbies.

One thing that I would think about is a distinguishing name for the program (eg "Blue Mod Manager"). Because once Zeebok (or anyone else) comes out with another manager this one won't be the "New mod manager" anymore.
« Last Edit: 14. May 2013, 21:08:55 by Kolya »
Acknowledged by: bluemess

6636483ade8ddbluemess

6636483ade92b
Updated to 0.81 Alpha.

Changes:
- MM went Blue.
- MM is now monitoring DMM folder for changes. You can now add/delete/rename folders without restarting MM.
- Ohter minor changes.
6636483adeb15
Every popular mod i tried so far works just fine, except for Tacticool weapons. I still suspect it has something to do with Blue Mod Manager inner workings.

I have:
  • Fresh steam insall of System Sshock 2 (steam rolled out an update today, the game is supposed to be 100% mod friendly now)
  • SS2tool 5.1 applied
Result:
  • Tacticool weapons do not work when i activate them within BMM (game shows old models)
  • Tacticool weapons works fine if i use manual install and place them in DataPermMods folder. (i disable them in BMM to avoid any possible conflicts)

One weapon replacement that do work with BMM is Eldron Psi-amp v2. I tried to check possible differences between tacticool and Eldron Psi-amp mods, but they seem to share similar file structure.

6636483adebc3bluemess

6636483adec16
I've tried to reproduce the issue, and found out that mod's folder name can't be longer than 30 characters (game engine limit I wasn't aware of). Just rename the folders to something shorter than 30 characters. Thanks for bringing it to attention.
« Last Edit: 23. May 2013, 05:08:42 by bluemess »
6636483adecd9
Working fine now, thanks!

6636483aded7adarklord42

6636483adedd7
does this really need such a new version of the vc runtime library?  I'm having a heck of a time trying to get this to run in wine.  where systemshock 2 itself runs perfectly.

6636483adeeabbluemess

6636483adeef8
These two files are needed: msvcp110.dll msvcr110.dll. Put them in the folder with BMM.

6636483adef83darklord42

6636483adefcf
that did it! thanks!
6636483adf0b3
Has anyone managed to install this under Wine (Linux)?

(edit: doh, I didn't see the two posts above me)
« Last Edit: 02. June 2013, 12:54:44 by Tricky »

6636483adf143bluemess

6636483adf18e
Updated download archive. Now the runtime libraries are supplied with BMM. That should ease things up.
6636483adf26e
That awesome, seeing as how I now need to reinstall this as well.  :thumb:
6636483adf36e
Hello,
I used your modmanager, added to the root folder of ss2, it recognized the exe file, then added the mods to the dmm folder, after everything went ok i activated the mods and then clicked in activate and start the game but got an error messages called " couldn't start the game", any ideas?
6636483adf449
Does the game start when all mods are deactivated?

6636483adf4efbluemess

6636483adf541
The message means that BMM can't execute shock2.exe. Use BMM version attached below, and provide a screenshot of error message that appears. What version of Windows are you using?

// Edit: Attachment removed, already tested.
« Last Edit: 20. July 2013, 17:17:26 by bluemess »
6636483adf66c
I had exactly the same problem. You just have to exit BMM and start the game via 'Shock2.exe', or run BMM with administrator privileges.

EDIT: Updating to 0.82 haven't solved the problem, it's just expanded error message to THIS.

6636483adfa93bluemess

6636483adfaf1
I had exactly the same problem. You just have to exit BMM and start the game via 'Shock2.exe', or run BMM with administrator privileges.
That means some Windows setting (I don't know which one) blocks BMM from executing another application. Exiting BMM and running SS2 manually will work just as well.

EDIT: Updating to 0.82 haven't solved the problem, it's just expanded error message to THIS.
Yes, 0.82 isn't a real release, it doesn't change anything besides adding more detailed message for this specific error.
6636483adfc07
Hey there, I'm using Windows 8, the game does start via shock2.exe, apparently the bmm does run via admin priv, which it sucks since I have the gog drm-free version, and the shorcut in steam doesn't want to run the game via bmm, or at least I dont know if it needs something in the path for that, oh well, thanks for the tip
6636483adfd29
@bluemess: That's not entirely true. The only reason why BMM can't execute 'Shock2.exe' is because it needs administrator privileges. If I uncheck "always run as administrator" field in executable file properties, it works. The only problem is, it's recommended to run this game as an administrator.

@Duxen: Try running the game as an administrator.

6636483adfdd0bluemess

6636483adfe1f
Bottom line, if you set shock2.exe to always run as an administrator, BMM will not be able to start it, unless it's also run with admin rights.

6636483ae0180bluemess

6636483ae01ce
Release 0.9

Changes:
  • Added issues detection that will hopefully reduce a chance for mods not to work. Series of checks are performed and following warnings can be given:
    • Unrecognized mod type
      When mod's folder appears not to be a valid mod, probably because it wasn't extracted or placed properly. E.g. this warning will appear when mod is in double folder: "DMM\ModName\ModName\{mod_files}" instead of "DMM\ModName\{mod_files}".
    • Mod's folder name is too long
      When folder name exceeds 30 characters, which is the maximum length that the game accepts.
    • Plus sign in folder name
      Because it's used as a path separator, folder name can't contain "+" sign.
    • Multiple gamesys mods active
    • Too many active mods
      As described in cam_mod.ini, the max path count is 63 for "uber_mod_path" and "mod_path" combined. It's unlikely that someone will exceed this limit, but while I'm at it, there's a warning for that too.
  • Added pause function
    Can be used for temporarily deactivating mods, while maintaining their order on the list.
  • "Exit and start game" works even when game is set to always run as administrator, in which case prompt window for granting rights will be displayed.
  • Added keyboard shortcuts for mods manipulation.
  • Added button tooltips.
  • Many other internal changes.
« Last Edit: 12. August 2013, 16:06:30 by bluemess »
6636483ae02ba
Good changes, thank you bluemess.  :)

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Replicator restrictions are in place for the good of whom?:
3 Guests are here.
Charlie Brown comes close to kicking the football, in a 1979 storyline that begins when he is ill in the hospital.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6636483ae03ce