663bec15ae3ad

663bec15ae953
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS1 3RDplayer ModPackNo.1 (DOS/Classic) Read 3160 times  

663bec15af0183RDplayer

663bec15af07b
Tags: °SS1 mod

This ModPack includes 4 separate installable single file modifications for the original DOS or Classic version of System Shock, and the old (windows wrapper) EE. The System Shock Enhanced Edition Source Port version of these mods can be found here (ModDB), or here (systemshock.org SS1 subforum).

This ModPack includes:
// GRAYSHBOX MOD - grayshbox
This mod replaces all the textures of citadel station with grey boxes.
Enjoy the original System Shock as if it was blocked out for a Remake!

// Radiation Area Noise Volume Fix MOD - radnoisefix
Many people complain about the Radiation Area Noise being obnoxious.
This sound mod reduces its volume by half and should make it less intrusive.

// SS2 SHODAN Faces MOD - ss2shodanfaces
This mod replaces the MFD faces of SHODAN with
new hand-painted faces that resemble her image from System Shock 2.

// Fire Extinguisher Explosion Fix MOD - fireextfix
Fire Extinguisher in the original System Shock don't explode! LOL
This small mod makes them explode how it should be whenever they get destroyed!

// INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Find the original files in your System Shock installation folder and make a backup of the file in question and copy and overwrite it with the one from this .zip-file.

- digifx.res - radnoisefix
- mfdart.res - ss2shodanfaces
- objprob.dat - fireextfix
- texture.res - grayshbox

This modifications will not work with other mods that overwrite files with their own version of the files.
« Last Edit: 10. September 2018, 11:27:19 by Moderator »
Acknowledged by: edx

663bec15af241voodoo47

Re: SS1 3RDplayer ModPackNo.1
663bec15af292
would be better to split the pack into four separate mods/downloads, I think, so people could download what they want.

663bec15af46e3RDplayer

663bec15af4c7
would be better to split the pack into four separate mods/downloads, I think, so people could download what they want.

I will add separate downloads for each mod when I come back.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

663bec15af5603RDplayer

663bec15af5b0
Okay done. Will do that from now with every new mod once one comes out.

663bec15af669voodoo47

663bec15af6c2
yes, that's the recommended way (would actually recommend a separate topic for each mod even if it's small, but as these are pretty much already legacy mods, lets keep them in just one). will move to SS1 files subforum now.

663bec15af7943RDplayer

663bec15af7eb
Updated the topic with a link to the Mod Page featuring SSEESP downloads, which I will use to release further mods in the distant future.

663bec15af88fvoodoo47

663bec15af8db
would be nice to host the downloads here as well - unless you very specifically want to keep them moddb exclusive, I'll post them in their own separate topics.

663bec15afb463RDplayer

663bec15afbaf
would be nice to host the downloads here as well - unless you very specifically want to keep them moddb exclusive, I'll post them in their own separate topics.

Okay, here is the thing. The SSEESP variations on moddb also include the files for classic EE and original sshock.
I am torn between having separate packages for SSEESP and original Shock (which also includes the old EE)
That's why I put them both into one package when I released them on moddb.
I would love to host them here too, since in case one or the other host shutsdown someday, that theyre are still available somewhere.
I can post them as single package OR as separate packaged downloads here. It's up to you.

I am sorry when I make this more complicated than it needs to be!  :/

663bec15afc6cvoodoo47

663bec15afcbd
no problem - lets keep the legacy versions in this topic, and create four new separate topics for the (four) source port versions, that should hopefully minimize confusion and maximize ease of use.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of ____ and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
what does failure taste like? to me it tastes like dirt. I'm begging you to please look away
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663bec15afdbf