663c32dfaa0d2
1 Guest is here.

663c32dfaac4e3RDplayer

663c32dfaaccc
Tags: °SS1 FM

// SYSTEM SHOCK: RUBY STATION
by the_3rdplayer
// MOD DB Page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-ruby-station
// DOWNLOAD v1.3: https://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-ruby-station/downloads/rubystation1
// THIS FANMISSION CAN ONLY BE PLAYED WITH
// System Shock Enhanced Edition (Sourceport Update)

Unlike the first fanmission System Shock ReWired, the Ruby Station fanmission is just an addition to introduce the new weapons and their advantages and disadvantages to the player. It's a single level in which you take over the role of a UNN Soldier being send to Ruby Station to test some new weapons authorised by the UNN. While she follows her orders, an incident occurs and she sees herself surrounded by clones and replicas of monsters from Citadel Station. UNN was nice enough to clone the horrors created by SHODAN to use as test dummies for new recruits. Nice, huh?

Standalone Weapon Mod
The main star of Ruby Station is the gameplay mod, which changes the original weapons of System Shock. Old-time players that already finished the original game many times can now play through it again with a completely different set of weapons. For example. The handguns now use anti-personnel OR armor-piercing bullets and have different rates of fire. The Magpulse is now a Plasma Rifle ala Doom. The useless Riot Gun is now a powerful shotgun. Among other things!

The Features
Most of the work on Ruby Station went into creating new spriteart for existing weapons, textures, crates, posters, icons, the userinterface etc. A big chunk of original textures got redrawn and added more details to give them a more modern look and be on par with the high resolution the Sourceport provides. Each weapon required up to 5 sprites that had to be changed and redrawn to fit the new look the mod wants to establish. I do hope that whoever plays the fanmission or uses the weapons will enjoy the new art as much as I enjoyed making it.

- a singleplayer level
- new user interface
- new guns, sprites and sounds
- new voice overs
- higher detailed original and new textures
- English only text-Language

v1.3 Update
The weapon mod should now be compatible with other mods as long as they don't replace the same resources in the resource files. Use it with other mods at your own risk.

// CREDITS (THANK YOU)
DFACTOR as the voice of James Bronson
DEEP CHROME for drawing promotional artwork
Nightdive Studios for preserving the game
All System Shock fans and players
« Last Edit: 22. October 2022, 12:28:02 by Moderator »
Acknowledged by: unn_atropos

663c32dfaae143RDplayer

Re: SS1 Fan Mission System Shock RubyStation
663c32dfaae73
2 more days until release. Here, take a look at the sexy weapons you will be able to use in Ruby Station AND the original System Shock campaign!
Acknowledged by: edx

663c32dfaafebGuyFawkesGaming

663c32dfab046
Will the Higher res general textures also be available for use in the original campaign?
663c32dfab1a0
Downloading, will try to play it tomorrow, at least a little.

663c32dfab5ee3RDplayer

663c32dfab64c
Will the Higher res general textures also be available for use in the original campaign?

The higher detailed textures will only be available in the fanmission. But I will release a separate mod with all textures improved sometime in 2019.
The new weapons, their sprites and sounds can already be used in the original campaign. Make sure not to use any other mods when playing with "3RD's Standalone Weapon Mod" with the Citadel Station Mission.

Downloading, will try to play it tomorrow, at least a little.

If you have downloaded version 1.0 today, make sure to download 1.2 again tomorrow to update the mod. It got two game breaking bugs fixed.
It's a short level and can be finished in like 20 to 30 minutes. The star of this mod is the custom weapons to use with the original campaign.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-ruby-station/downloads/rubystation1

663c32dfab9ffGuyFawkesGaming

663c32dfaba58
The higher detailed textures will only be available in the fanmission. But I will release a separate mod with all textures improved sometime in 2019.
The new weapons, their sprites and sounds can already be used in the original campaign. Make sure not to use any other mods when playing with "3RD's Standalone Weapon Mod" with the Citadel Station Mission.
Just the thought of those with Gigaquad's high-res objects and plus these Mac graphics is making my mouth water! Which reminds me, I need to post an issue I encountered with Gigaquad's text logs.
Acknowledged by: 3RDplayer
663c32dfabb7f
Perfect, I will download the updated version.

I loaded it yesterday to see how it looks, great job.

663c32dfabc25GuyFawkesGaming

663c32dfabc7b
I tried out the weapons, like them but the lower res in-hand weapon sprites bother me a little.

663c32dfabe673RDplayer

663c32dfabed9
I tried out the weapons, like them but the lower res in-hand weapon sprites bother me a little.

What feels off about them?
Please have in mind that this was the first time ever for me to draw sprites. So I am open for feedback ;)

663c32dfabfb33RDplayer

Re: SS1 Fan Mission System Shock RubyStation v1.3
663c32dfac00d
v1.3 Update
The standalone weapon mod should now be compatible with other mods as long as they don't replace the same resources in the resource files. Use it with other mods at your own risk.
Acknowledged by: edx

663c32dfac25bGuyFawkesGaming

663c32dfac2c5
What feels off about them?
Please have in mind that this was the first time ever for me to draw sprites. So I am open for feedback ;)
Just the in-hand/hud weapons; they need a res boost otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb against the Mac graphics. See the pics and you'll see what I mean.

On a side note making the machinegun purple makes me think of the alien weapons from Bungie's Marathon and Halo series.
[yours.PNG expired]
[original.PNG expired]

663c32dfac5863RDplayer

663c32dfac5dd
Just the in-hand/hud weapons; they need a res boost otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb against the Mac graphics. See the pics and you'll see what I mean.

On a side note making the machinegun purple makes me think of the alien weapons from Bungie's Marathon and Halo series.

There is always ways to improve things. But for being the first time that I actually did this. I think it came out pretty descent.
I'm not satisfied with some of the MFD artwork of some weapons myself. But as time goes on, so will my skill level hopefully.

I never played Halo or Marathon :headshot: and the KW-M7's color sceme is more based on the avatar of the real life person this weapon is named after.
Neveretless, it makes me happy that some people find a liking to some of the designs, even tho pixel tensitiy could be higher. Thanks!

663c32dfac839Xkilljoy98

• Company: N/A
663c32dfac895
Still need to really compare to new weapons to the existing ones to see how different they are.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you ____ a perfect, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663c32dfac9a4