------------------------
By Katrina (Kelis98/Xkilljoy98)

Version: 1.1

Created using HackEd/InkyBlackness

----------------
//Mod Features\\
----------------

- A clean, virus free version of Citadel Station
- A fixed version of Citadel Station (with both Texture only and Texture + Environment versions)
- A clean and fixed version of Citadel Station
- A version of Citadel Station with dark lighting
- A version of Citadel Station with bright lighting
- A version of Citadel Station that adds new areas behind previously broken or permenantly locked doors (with both smaller and larger varients).

---------------
\\Information//
---------------

The .zip-file comes with two versions:
- A version for any non Source Port System Shock Release (Enhanced Edition (Pre-Source Port), Classic Edition, CD-ROM, Floppydisk, System Shock: Portable, Etc)
- A version for Sourceport (Enhanced Edition (Source Port))

--------------------------------
//Pre-Source Port Installation\\
--------------------------------

This version can be played with:
- Any non-Source Port System Shock version (Enhanced Edition (Pre-Source Port), Classic Edition, CD-ROM, Floppydisk, System Shock: Portable, Etc)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to go back to a pre-source port version of Enhanced Editon:

Good Old Games (GOG):

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212806945-How-do-I-revert-rollback-to-an-older-game-version-

Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086279994
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Locate archive.dat in the Data folder within your System Shock installation folder (..\res\data\).

2. Make a backup of the file (copy it and put it somewhere else).

3. Replace archive.dat in your System Shock folder with the one(s) found in one of the following folders:

* Clean and Fixed Citadel
* Clean Citadel
* Fixed Citadel - Textures and Environment
* Fixed Citadel - Textures Only
* Bright Citadel
* Dark Citadel
* Citadel Expanded - Smaller
* Citadel Expanded - Larger

4. Start the game

or

1. Make a copy of your entire System Shock folder.

2. Paste the folder somewhere else.

3. Put archive.dat in the Data folder (..\res\data\).

4. Start the game

- For System Shock: Portable installation, put archive.dat in the res folder (...\SSP\res) instead.

----------------------------
\\Source Port Installation//
----------------------------

This version can be played with:
- Enhanced Edition (Source Port)

1. Open a Windows-Explorer window and go to this location (copying and pasting it into the location bar is an easy way to find it):

%APPDATA%\Nightdive Studios\System Shock EE\missions

or (if the above doesn't work then try putting it here (in the game's data folders, at the install location)):

.../SS1EE/res/missions/

2. Drag and drop the following folders from the downloaded mod folder to the missions folder:

* Clean and Fixed Citadel
* Clean Citadel
* Fixed Citadel - Textures and Environment
* Fixed Citadel - Textures Only
* Bright Citadel
* Dark Citadel
* Citadel Expanded - Smaller
* Citadel Expanded - Larger

3. Start the game and activate the Mission under Modifications of the title screen.

-------
||Q&A||
-------
Q: In Citadel Expanded why are the new areas lacking in some objects/items/enemies?

A: Because the game has a limited number of different types of Objects per level and there were only so many to work with.

--------------
//Known Bugs\\
--------------
None

--------------
\\Change Log//
--------------
Version 1.0: Initial Release

Version 1.1: Fixed spelling error and added alternate install option in README.

------------
//Feedback\\
------------
All feedback can go either on the mod pages on Moddb or System Shock.org; or on Shodanpedia (Wiki or Discord server).

---------------
||Future Mods||
---------------
- Updates to Citadel Variety Pack
- Even more yet to be announced!

-----------
\\Credits//
-----------
- Katrina (Kelis98/Xkilljoy98)

[Citadel Variety Pack.zip expired]
« Last Edit: 22. October 2022, 12:20:53 by Moderator »
Acknowledged by 2 members: Marvin, dertseha
Re: Citadel Variety Pack
663bc7880c237
- A clean, virus free version of Citadel Station
- A fixed version of Citadel Station (with both Texture only and Texture + Environment versions)
- A clean and fixed version of Citadel Station
- A version of Citadel Station with dark lighting
- A version of Citadel Station with bright lighting
- A version of Citadel Station that adds new areas behind previously broken or permanently locked doors (with both smaller and larger variants).

I don't want to be a killjoy, but all these variants yet not the one I want: A version of Citadel station with more interesting (existing) level design. Too much of it is just endless empty corridors. Anyway this is not a criticism of your mod. Can you tell us more about it? What is in the new areas? What is fixed in the "fixed" version?

663bc7880c621Xkilljoy98

• Company: N/A
663bc7880c71a
Join2 System Shock 1 has interesting level design (aside from maybe the maze like level 7), It's not just empty corridors it has purpose even with the graphical limitations. But agree to disagree.

Anyway the new areas of the mod are mainly on level 6, there are two locked doors in the hub this mod adds in new areas beyond that, sadly there is an object limit in the editor so I had to make due with what it would let me. There is also a version with 8 groves (since in the intro there are 8 instead of 4), due to level limits I was unable to include 4 more groves in this mod, I heard there is a way to have more, but IDK how to do it. There are also a few locked doors I opened up, a closet on level 1 and a lift on level 7.

The fixed areas are basically areas in the game that are damaged or under construction, that have been fixed to look new.
Acknowledged by: Briareos H
663bc7880c924
Probably for the best those limitations exist. 8 groves sounds like a case for possible player burnout. Unless you find a way to make them unique and spaced apart (e.g the player tackles the new 4 at a separate part of the story than the original 4).

"System Shock 1 has interesting level design (aside from maybe the maze like level 7), It's not just empty corridors it has purpose even with the graphical limitations. But agree to disagree."

Oh it certainly does. Lots of cool level design in SS1. But there's also lots of bland bits too. Agree to disagree indeed. And I'll stop going off topic in your thread now.

663bc7880ca4cXkilljoy98

• Company: N/A
663bc7880caa8
More Pictures
[20201127104017_1.jpg expired]
[20201126212138_1.jpg expired]
[20201126211654_1.jpg expired]
[20210202210559_1.jpg expired]
[20210202210603_1.jpg expired]
[20210202210516_1.jpg expired]
[20201127104049_1.jpg expired]
[20201127104030_1.jpg expired]

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Trioptimum executive Edward ____ (Fill in the last name):
1 Guest is here.
what does failure taste like? to me it tastes like dirt. I'm begging you to please look away
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663bc7880cbf6