\\Gamma Grove//
------------------------
By Katrina (Kelis98/Xkilljoy98)

Version: 1.1

Created using HackEd/InkyBlackness

----------------
//Mod Features\\
----------------

- An explorable Gamma Grove: uncover what happened to other survivors and the other secrets aboard.

"You find yourself separated from your fellow survivors after Gamma Grove was Jettisoned. Alone, you must look throughout gamma grove for a way to reunite with them and uncover the grove's hidden secrets along the way. But beware, SHODAN had some of her mutants, cyborgs, and robots in the grove before it was jettisoned. However, there are supplies to use if you know where to look. Can you reunite with your fellow survivors or be too late and become stuck stranded in space"

---------------
\\Information//
---------------

The .zip-file comes with two versions:
- A version for any non Source Port System Shock Release (Enhanced Edition (Pre-Source Port), Classic Edition, CD-ROM, Floppydisk, System Shock: Portable, Etc)
- A version for Sourceport (Enhanced Edition (Source Port))

--------------------------------
//Pre-Source Port Installation\\
--------------------------------

This version can be played with:
- Any non-Source Port System Shock version (Enhanced Edition (Pre-Source Port), Classic Edition, CD-ROM, Floppydisk, System Shock: Portable, Etc)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to go back to a pre-source port version of Enhanced Editon:

Good Old Games (GOG):

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212806945-How-do-I-revert-rollback-to-an-older-game-version-

Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086279994
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Locate the Data folder within your System Shock installation folder (..\res\data\).

2. Make a backup of the files (copy it and put it somewhere else).

3. Replace the data files in your System Shock data folder with the ones found in the following folder included with the mod:

* Data

4. Start the game

or

1. Make a copy of your entire System Shock folder.

2. Paste the folder somewhere else.

3. Put the contents of the mod data folder in the game's data folder (..\res\data\).

4. Start the game

- For System Shock: Portable installation, put archive.dat in the res folder (...\SSP\res) instead.

----------------------------
\\Source Port Installation//
----------------------------

This version can be played with:
- Enhanced Edition (Source Port)

1. Open a Windows-Explorer window and go to this location (copying and pasting it into the location bar is an easy way to find it):

%APPDATA%\Nightdive Studios\System Shock EE\missions

2. Drag and drop the following folders from the downloaded mod folder to the missions folder:

* Gamma Grove

3. Start the game and activate the Mission under Modifications of the title screen.

-------
||Q&A||
-------
Q: In Gamma Grove why is the grove not connected to the station?

A: Because that is how it is found in game as well as the fact that the game editor only allows for a certain amount of levels and the base game uses them all by default.

--------------
//Known Bugs\\
--------------
None

--------------
\\Change Log//
--------------
Version 1.0: Initial Release

------------
//Feedback\\
------------
All feedback can go either on the mod pages on Moddb or System Shock.org; or on Shodanpedia (Wiki or Discord server).

---------------
||Future Mods||
---------------
- Updates to Gamma Grove
- Even more yet to be announced!

-----------
\\Credits//
-----------
- Katrina (Kelis98/Xkilljoy98)
« Last Edit: 10. August 2023, 05:56:20 by Moderator »
Acknowledged by: Briareos H

663bd0599e625Xkilljoy98

• Company: N/A
663bd0599e676
I am open to suggestions if anyone has any. I am generally happy with the mod, but I did spend some time on difficulty, tried to put weapons in that you would have around the time of exploring other groves.

Still maybe need to make some tweaks I am not fully sure, but I was satisfied enough to release version 1.0

Sometimes some enemies may not attack right away/first, IDK why that happens but I am looking into it.

Also I couldn't figure out how to end it so once you get to the control room and explore everywhere you are stuck stranded in space

(BTW if a mod/admin sees this can you move this mod to be with the other SS1 mods)
« Last Edit: 09. September 2022, 18:23:46 by Xkilljoy98 »
663bd0599e832
Didn't realize you were a chick. I may not have been so hard on you in the past if I knew. Eh whatever, equal rights n lefts as they say. Also not seeing the huge design quality difference between SS2 and Bioshock, well that's a paddlin'.

Keep up the cool work. Modders and indies are all I have left at this point in the gaming world.

I do hope you get feedback. Sucks to slave away then nobody plays it. Problem is most of us here are getting old, meaning tired and less available time.

I may find the time. I think I have SS portable lying around somewhere. No promises though.
« Last Edit: 09. September 2022, 03:06:41 by Join2 »

663bd0599eb9dXkilljoy98

663bd0599ebfa
Join2 That's ok, I would have mentioned it if you had asked.

IDK what to say I like Bioshock and System Shock so to each their own, I guess.

Yeah, me too, I got one person to play it but hopefully more do. IK System Shock mods are niche (System Shock itself is kinda niche compared to other games) and my community within that niche is even smaller)

I might tweak this mod some but after I get all the bugs patched, I want to work on some other projects I have been working off and on, on.

Well, if you give this mod a try or my other one I have out (Citadel Variety Pack), let me know what you think
663bd0599edca
Again I will request a good description of what your mod actually does though. You need to sell it to us. "An action-packed slugfest through an infested Grove, here the mutants thrived in this variation of shodan's experimentation. Expect deadly traps and mutant ambushes, a dark area deep in the nest you need the flashlight for, vast elevation differences that you'd do well to return later with jet boots in for some hefty rewards, and spooky sound design".

For example.

"- An explorable Gamma Grove: uncover what happened to other survivors and the other secrets aboard."

This tells me nothing and potentially everything at the same time.

663bd0599eef2Xkilljoy98

663bd0599ef44
Fair enough, it is a small level but I can do my best.

"You find yourself separated from your fellow survivors after Gamma Grove was Jettisoned. Alone, you must look throughout gamma grove for a way to reunite with them and uncover the grove's hidden secrets along the way. But beware, SHODAN had some of her mutants, cyborgs, and robots in the grove before it was jettisoned. However, there are supplies to use if you know where to look. Can you reunite with your fellow survivors or be too late and become stuck stranded in space"
663bd0599f1a9
Great to see a new level.
Screenshots look nice!

663bd0599f25bXkilljoy98

663bd0599f2ab
Thanks, though IDK why this still hasn't been moved to be with the other mods.

Tried posting it there but it put the mod here.

663bd0599f36aXkilljoy98

« Last Edit: 03. October 2022, 22:42:22 by Moderator »

663bd0599f557voodoo47

663bd0599f5ac
knew I was forgetting something. maybe this will finally make me update SSPTool with Shockolate and make it public.

663bd0599f872Xkilljoy98

663bd0599f8d5
Briareos H
Thanks for moving it, and yeah these days there aren't many SS1 mods being made. Rewired 2 is on Hiatus and other than myself idk of anyone else working on any or even covering them.

I am working on a New Atlanta mod but I still can't get a layout I like and the view distance can be restricting.

663bd0599fa16sverXRazum

663bd0599fa6d
Nice little mod. Looking forward for more from you since there aren't many modders for SS1.

663bd0599fbc2icemann

663bd0599fc22
Edited the thread title, as it did not mention that this is a fan mission, which would lead to many people not having a play.

I'll give it a look soon. Expect a stream of it within the next day or so.
« Last Edit: 10. August 2023, 11:34:44 by icemann »

663bd0599fdd6icemann

663bd0599fe31
Double post:

Join2: Gender has zero impact on level design abilities.

Anyway. Had a play. Not bad. Quite short, roughly 30 minutes of gameplay, give or take. As there was a cyber terminal, it would have been good to see some cyberspace. Bit of a tease, having it there lol.

The bit at the end with the invisible and invincible (or seemingly) robots was a bit odd. Be nice if they were kill-able. Level could use an end, even if it's just a switch in that final room that you hit and it ends. Unless I missed something. Recorded my gameplay. Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv2zffrDpzE
« Last Edit: 10. August 2023, 13:14:23 by icemann »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Trioptimum executive Edward ____ (Fill in the last name):
1 Guest is here.
what does failure taste like? to me it tastes like dirt. I'm begging you to please look away
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663bd0599ff56