Shock Player

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/4▶▶
664a4619cd3bb
Hunk GuerriusQuote
Hello.

If anybody likes System Shock as much as I do then you probably like to listen to it's music every once in a while. If you do then you probably also heard about the System Shock Random Music Generator or SSPLAYER, which randomizes sequences like the game does. However not only is the program old, it runs through the command line and has some quirks. I decided to fix that.

Link to SSPLAYER: https://wenchy.net/old/ssplayer.html

I wrote my own take on a System Shock music generator, I call it Shock Player.

It does what SSPLAYER does also, but now in Windows Forms application and with extra features:

- Playing of a theme follows the pattern specified in the theme's midi folder under the name "preset.dps", it contains instructions for the program to follow during playback, namely what sequences it can randomize next, you'll have to check it out to understand in detail;

- To play a theme, select one from the track list and click play, clicking it again alternates between pause\play, the stop button does just that, it stops playback;

- You can select between the available MIDI output devices in your system under "Edit->Settings", as well as set playback speed between "Normal" and "Fast", normal will play sequences at their normal speed, fast will play them like they usually sound in the OST, slightly faster;

- You have some neat details around too like Left, Right volume meters, a playback timer and active sequence display.

The program was written in C# and requires .NET framework 4.5 to work, dependencies should have been smaller in my opinion but the libraries it uses require that.

Other than that, if anybody has suggestions on things that could be improved let me know, have fun.

Changelog:

v1.0 - Initial Release.

v1.1 - Improved theme preset entries to make playback sound less repetitive;
        - Changed the presets file format to .txt, they are meant for easy editing;
        - Theme name added to the main form title text during playback;
        - Minor internal improvements;
        - Changed "requestedExecutionLevel" in app.manifest to "asInvoker".

EDIT:
The program's executable lacks any kind of certificate or signature and is detected by some antivirus programs as potentially malicious, I am not able to remedy that circumstance and even though it has been proven to be a false positive, if you don't feel comfortable with this fact however then DON'T download. Otherwise add an exception for it in your antivirus software if you're unable to run it.

Download via GDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18PYS_kJGsvHNESi9rps7_xbB70yOCM3q/view?usp=sharing

I will relay my thanks to the community for pointing this issue out, trying to help me fix it and being kind enough still to let me re-upload it even though I wasn't able to fix it entirely. Thanks, you people are nice.
664a4619cd91f
sarge945Quote
You say it runs on the command line as if that's a bad thing
664a4619cda76
GawainQuote
Windows Defender says Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml
664a4619cdc49
Deu sexQuote
Man! I've been wishing to have something like this for a long time! Gonna try this with my soundfont mod once I get the chance!
(hopefully when the false positive thing is resolved though)
664a4619cdfba
Hunk GuerriusQuote
Gawain
Hm, are you sure this isn't a problem on your end? Has this happened to anyone else so far?
Page: 1/4▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact