663b58f03eca0

663b58f03f2c9
1 Guest is here.

Topic: System Shock 1 TriOp Logo Read 3635 times  

663b58f03f7d6
I had posted that I was looking for a High Quality image of the System Shock 1 TriOptimum Logo, but when no one offered one up and searching resulted in, well, nothing, I called in a favour to have one made.

The Photoshop file has the original line art creation, and I've done a simple "Export paths to Illustrator" to create the Illustrator file. The AI file may be incompatible with some versions, which is why I've also included the base Photoshop file. Please note that the AI file may look empty when it opens up, since it's probably white on white.

If you'd like to credit someone, SecludedMemory is your guy.

I'm going to hotlink the images for now, based on the fact that I can't seem to figure out how to upload them. I'd prefer them to be stored that way, for longevity, so feel free to add them to some collection or whatever.

http://www.mpelletier.net/trioptimum_ss1_logo.ai
http://www.mpelletier.net/trioptimum_ss1_logo.psd
« Last Edit: 01. June 2013, 21:37:23 by Kolya »

663b58f03f9afZylonBane

663b58f03fa1a
Umm, is mpelletier you, or "SecludedMemory"?
663b58f03fb30
Mpelletier is me. I wouldn't hotlink from someone else's site. >_>

(Actually you and a few of the other older gents around here might know me better as JediKorenchkin.)

663b58f03fc66icemann

663b58f03fcb6
Ah Jedi.K's still around.

Good to see an old face. Albeit under a different nick.

663b58f03fdd9ZylonBane

663b58f03fe2f
I actually made a high-res version of the SS1 logo a few years ago, but not sure if I ever released it. Probably not, because I wasn't satisfied with the very low resolution of the available reference material, and the fact that very little of it had any internal consistency. It's like someone at Looking Glass just scribbled the TriOp logo on a whiteboard, and everyone went their own way from that. In the end, I used the logo from the v-mails as my reference.

Attached is what I came up with.

663b58f04001aZylonBane

663b58f040067
I do not understand why this is now in the BioShock forum.

663b58f040453bluemess

663b58f0404ab
Looks like he ordered the forum negligently, it's Saturday evening after all ;)
663b58f040624
Feh....ler. No idea how that happened.
663b58f040b87
Thanks for moving it and attaching the files, Kolya.

Ah Jedi.K's still around.

Good to see an old face. Albeit under a different nick.

Yeah, JediK got a little, well, you know, I was like 12. But, yeah, I'm still around.

I wasn't satisfied with the very low resolution of the available reference material, and the fact that very little of it had any internal consistency. It's like someone at Looking Glass just scribbled the TriOp logo on a whiteboard, and everyone went their own way from that.

SecludedMemory said something really similar when I asked about it, haha. He also felt that the logo from System Shock 2 looks more like that of a real corporation, but since I grew up with the first game, Shock 2's always looked kind of stretched out to me. Amusignly enough, my brother grew up with Shock 2, and feels like the Shock 1 TriOptimum logo looks squished.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock 2 takes place on the star ship named ...:
1 Guest is here.
Mabel learns Grunkle Stan has never seen a rainbow and declares a color emergency.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663b58f040ccd