SS1 Fan Mission Cortex Reaver Challenge

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/3▶▶
664ae8403b825
dertsehaQuote
Do you like System Shock 1?
Do you like Laser Rapiers?
Do you like fighting Cortex Reavers?

Then the Cortex Reaver Challenge is for you!  :thumb: Armed with just a rapier and a v3 shield, you have to fight an endless stream of Cortex Reavers - how many can you slay?

SSEE Source Port: Extract the attached archive to your %APPDATA%\Nightdive Studios\System Shock EE\missions folder, use the built in FM loader to activate.

Classic: Get the archive.dat file here (as part of an examples collection) and start a new game! Chose any combat rating from 1 to 3. (Though, 1 might be a bit boring)

This is the first modding example created with the InkyBlackness tools. Although far from finished, the editor can already be used to get the hang of creating new levels. Several limitations would still hinder the creation of any "full fledged" mod with story and the like though (If there is such a desire anyway).

For those interested in how to create such a mod, I've even recorded a tutorial video! It's on YouTube and lasts less than 20 minutes, including a test-drive :) I'm not used to milk game-theory that much, so the resulting gameplay from some decisions might not be so much engaging.
(Although I rehearsed two times, I still winged some of my commentary. Just through the power of editing I avoided sounding... too much like... William... Shatner :P )

Also: accidentally first SS1 level mod ever?
664ae8403bb87
RocketManQuote
Oh dude u just opened up the floodgates for a whole 'nother 10 years of SS1 editing, debugging and modding!  Finish that editor!
Acknowledged by: dertseha
664ae8403bcac
icemannQuote
This being the first "mod" (not counting mouse look and the resolution stuff) for SS1, I take my hat off to you dertseha.

To see a mod for this awesome game, FINALLY, is just fantastic. I hope to see MANY more.
Acknowledged by 6 members: Kolya, RocketMan, unn_atropos, JosiahJack, dertseha, Learonys
664ae8403bdbf
LearonysQuote
Oh wow, a mod for SS1! Seems like i've got me something new to sink my teeth in :D

EDIT: After playing around some, the game seems to suffer from extreme lag when the Cortex Reavers throw their concussion grenades while you're facing them, right until they land and explode. Any idea what could be causing this?
664ae8403c084
dertsehaQuote

Quote by Learonys:
EDIT: After playing around some, the game seems to suffer from extreme lag when the Cortex Reavers throw their concussion grenades while you're facing them, right until they land and explode. Any idea what could be causing this?
Interesting. Difficult to say, especially with this otherwise seldom encountered attack from the Reavers. In short, I don't know where this comes from.

It would require more testing: Does it also happen with grenades thrown by the hacker, does it also happen in smaller rooms (the big hall does stress the engine as well it seems) and so forth. The simplest test would be to put a Reaver in one of the flight bays of the main game.

But apart from that - how far did you get? :)

Page: 1/3▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact