🔒 Hires resource request - SS2 spinning Marine/Navy/OSA logos (completed)

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/8▶▶
66492e77bab9e
voodoo47Quote
Tags: °SS2

the logos on the earth map right after the training area really could use an overhaul.

the original textures can be found in obj.crf/txt16;

OSALOG_.PCX - OSALOG_4.PCX
MARLOG_.PCX - MARLOG_4.PCX
NAVLOG_.PCX - NAVLOG_4.PCX

the (orig) five frames are not a limit, the new set can have more. staying close to the original concept is recommended.
66492e77bad41
ZylonBaneQuote
I second this request. There's really two parts to it-- recreating the logos, then getting someone to model and animate the rotating shields, reproducing the shiny effects, etc. I could probably make a decent repro of the logos. It's the 3D part that's beyond me.

As for the frame count, default frame duration in Dark is 200ms, so if there's five frames, that gives a one-second cycle for the animation. NewDark can handle a 60-frame/60 FPS animation, but IMHO that would be silly overkill-- 180 textures for a set of screens that only appears once in the entire game. 30 or even 20 FPS would probably look just fine.
66492e77bb00f
RocketManQuote
ZB, if you want to work together on this, I can do the modelling part.  Seemed to work pretty well when we did the spinning med logo thing...
66492e77bb147
hemebondQuote
Is there some sort of repository or project website that shows what textures need redoing and what's already been done? Or is this not for a specific project?
66492e77bb282
voodoo47Quote
not really - the most important stuff is posted as requests here at Engineering, just click the request tag in the first post.

the (SS2) rule of thumb is that if it hasn't been remade already, it probably could use a better version (model, texture, effect etc). pretty much all orig resources are lower res than they really should be, so you can basically choose whatever suits your skill set best, and have a shot at it. the only two recommendations are - try to avoid redundancy (for example, redoing the shotgun is almost pointless as we have quite few models available, including the excellent Tacticool model), and try to stay close to the original concepts (we like that very much around here, and statistically, the world likes it too).
Page: 1/8▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact