SS1 SHLink - System Shock Windows wrapper (no music)

2 Guests are here.
6647ed1c1b9e1
EnchantermonQuote
Excuse me for a second while I pick my jaw up off the floor.
6647ed1c1bab8
BlueQuote
Very nice work! Sounds like a very worthy endeavor, wish I knew more about programming and could help in some way. Good luck.
6647ed1c1bbfd
KolyaQuote
I played with this for a while and it worked really well for about 15min when I hit some lever in game and it crashed.
Last message from the command line:

Code:
Calling main()...
vga mem at 008B1000
Impressive work.
6647ed1c1da2d
Malba TahanQuote

Quote by Kolya:
I played with this for a while and it worked really well for about 15min when I hit some lever in game and it crashed.
Last message from the command line:

Code:
Calling main()...
vga mem at 008B1000
Impressive work.
I don't know what error is this. Next release I'll add a kind of "crash dump" so I can get useful information when bugs happen and perhaps I'll be able to fix them.

By the way, talking about bugs, I've found 8 or 9 serious bugs in SS code until now. Most of them are attempts to access data outside the allocated space. Looks like DOS4GW doesn't catch them, but Windows does, so I had to fix them for the Win32 release.

I'm working on sound now. I figured out that System Shock uses AIL3.0 (old MILES audio library) for its audio subsystem (I didn't know that!). Does anyone knows where I can download that library? (the file name should be something like ail30.lib). It would help a lot my disassembly work, and I think I could get audio working much faster if I had that file. I found AIL 2.0 sources for free on the internet, but they seem to bevery different from version 3.0. Thanks!
6647ed1c1db7c
KolyaQuote
Do you know which exact library version you're looking for? There seem to have been a whole bunch of 3.0 versions.

EDIT: Strange. According to that history the first 3.0 version came out in September 1994, but SS1 was released in March. Not sure when exactly the CD version came out. Well I guess it's a safe bet that it's the very first 3.0 version then.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact