SS1 SHLink - System Shock Windows wrapper (no music)

2 Guests are here.
6647ed337d193
Malba TahanQuote
UPDATED again! Digital effects are working and a game speed issue was fixed.

Quote by Kolya:
Do you know which exact library version you're looking for? There seem to have been a whole bunch of 3.0 versions.

EDIT: Strange. According to that history the first 3.0 version came out in September 1994, but SS1 was released in March. Not sure when exactly the CD version came out. Well I guess it's a safe bet that it's the very first 3.0 version then.
Yes, I guess it's the first 3.0 release. It seems the floppy version uses AIL 2.0, which is opensource, and so it could help me to find the libraries calls that game makes. I've sent an email to John Miles, the author of the MILES (AIL) sound system, asking for a copy of the old library, but it seems that they don't have it anymore. Fortunately, even without access to the original source code, I was able to get digital effects working. I hope to get music working too.
6647ed337d2e9
Malba TahanQuote
Version 0.4 is out. This version features some bug corrections, some new options in SHLINK.INI, and SuperVGA mode support.
6647ed337d493
Nameless VoiceQuote
Very cool!
6647ed337d584
VertiphonQuote
I cannot get this to work. :(  I get "could not find configuration file" each time, and error code 4002.  I must have the locations setup incorrectly, but SHLINK loads "CDROM/CDSHOCK.EXE" successfully...
6647ed337d67e
DavxQuote
Wow, it runs beautifully on Win7 x64. Too bad I don't really want to play it without custom keys and mouse look mod.

Using SSP I had to rename the dir RES to CDROM;
Extract into CDROM;
Edit shlink.ini:
GamePath=E:\SYSTEMSHOCK-Portable-v1.2\cdrom
GameBin=CDROM\CDSHOCK.EXE
ModPath=..\mods
ModScript=mod.txt

Edit mod.txt:
L cdshock.exe

Start Shlink.exe

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact