SS1 SHLink - System Shock Windows wrapper (no music)

4 Guests are here.
6647ce50132ac
EnchantermonQuote

Quote by Vertiphon:
I cannot get this to work. :(  I get "could not find configuration file" each time, and error code 4002.  I must have the locations setup incorrectly, but SHLINK loads "CDROM/CDSHOCK.EXE" successfully...
I'm getting the same error, and I'm not sure why. When I run shlink.exe, it comes up and the System Shock window comes up over it, but they both close almost immediately with the error mentioned above. The paths are right, so I'm confused as to what exactly is happening.
6647ce50134e8
voodoo47Quote
just tried this,it's great,the mouse has never felt that smooth before..this just begs to be merged with the mouselook mod,hope it will will be done sooner or later..
6647ce5013631
Malba TahanQuote
There's a bug in the loader, perhaps that's what's preventing some people from running it.
Looks like the variable GameBin inside shlink.ini is not being used. Thus, the file name is hardcoded inside the loader, in such way that it will always try to load the file CDROM\CDSHOCK.EXE. Notice that this path is relative to the path in the GamePath variable.
To fix that (using System Shock Portable), I had to create a folder named CDROM inside the RES folder, and copy CDSHOCK.EXE (which is inside shlink.7z) there.
I currently have some real life stuff to deal with, so I can't promise when I'll integrate mouselook into the loader, but it probably won't take much longer.

P.S.: I forgot to say something: if you're using System Shock Portable, make sure that the GamePath variable points to the RES folder. (e.g. "GamePath=E:\dos\games\SSPortable\RES")
6647ce50136f0
StingmQuote
I can't wait to try this once you update it. I hope the update fixes the mouse movement in portable as well. Thanks for all your hard work.
6647ce501380c
voodoo47Quote
hmm,seems like it crashes as soon as I hit this lever:

Image: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/148/97447991.png

save+details here.

btw,the dartgun acts weird,the cursor jumps across half the screen after each shot..

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact