6647e80cb8c98

6647e80cb98f3
1 Guest is here.

Topic: System Shock 1 TriOp Logo Read 3670 times  

6647e80cb9e97
I had posted that I was looking for a High Quality image of the System Shock 1 TriOptimum Logo, but when no one offered one up and searching resulted in, well, nothing, I called in a favour to have one made.

The Photoshop file has the original line art creation, and I've done a simple "Export paths to Illustrator" to create the Illustrator file. The AI file may be incompatible with some versions, which is why I've also included the base Photoshop file. Please note that the AI file may look empty when it opens up, since it's probably white on white.

If you'd like to credit someone, SecludedMemory is your guy.

I'm going to hotlink the images for now, based on the fact that I can't seem to figure out how to upload them. I'd prefer them to be stored that way, for longevity, so feel free to add them to some collection or whatever.

http://www.mpelletier.net/trioptimum_ss1_logo.ai
http://www.mpelletier.net/trioptimum_ss1_logo.psd
« Last Edit: 01. June 2013, 21:37:23 by Kolya »

6647e80cba03aZylonBane

6647e80cba08e
Umm, is mpelletier you, or "SecludedMemory"?
6647e80cba186
Mpelletier is me. I wouldn't hotlink from someone else's site. >_>

(Actually you and a few of the other older gents around here might know me better as JediKorenchkin.)

6647e80cba295icemann

6647e80cba2e9
Ah Jedi.K's still around.

Good to see an old face. Albeit under a different nick.

6647e80cba420ZylonBane

6647e80cba46e
I actually made a high-res version of the SS1 logo a few years ago, but not sure if I ever released it. Probably not, because I wasn't satisfied with the very low resolution of the available reference material, and the fact that very little of it had any internal consistency. It's like someone at Looking Glass just scribbled the TriOp logo on a whiteboard, and everyone went their own way from that. In the end, I used the logo from the v-mails as my reference.

Attached is what I came up with.

6647e80cba651ZylonBane

6647e80cba6a0
I do not understand why this is now in the BioShock forum.

6647e80cbab32bluemess

6647e80cbab80
Looks like he ordered the forum negligently, it's Saturday evening after all ;)
6647e80cbacd9
Feh....ler. No idea how that happened.
6647e80cbb2a8
Thanks for moving it and attaching the files, Kolya.

Ah Jedi.K's still around.

Good to see an old face. Albeit under a different nick.

Yeah, JediK got a little, well, you know, I was like 12. But, yeah, I'm still around.

I wasn't satisfied with the very low resolution of the available reference material, and the fact that very little of it had any internal consistency. It's like someone at Looking Glass just scribbled the TriOp logo on a whiteboard, and everyone went their own way from that.

SecludedMemory said something really similar when I asked about it, haha. He also felt that the logo from System Shock 2 looks more like that of a real corporation, but since I grew up with the first game, Shock 2's always looked kind of stretched out to me. Amusignly enough, my brother grew up with Shock 2, and feels like the Shock 1 TriOptimum logo looks squished.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Who's your favourite artificial intelligence:
1 Guest is here.
You spend the night running through darkened streets, past glowing street lamps, up elevators, down stairways, under silent dirigibles, across bridges and causeways...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647e80cbb3ed