SS1 High-res objects

1 Guest is here.
66472f4f65af2
voodoo47Quote
yep, seems to be working fine - nice job.

anyway, would recommend adding a modfolder to the archive (ex. hiresobj, lets keep it short and simple just to be sure) as sseesp mods need to reside in their own folders, once that's done (and you'll confirm the beta is ready to go live as 1.0), I'll attach the mod to the first post (suggested archive name HighRes_Objects_SSEESP_1.0.7z, in case you would want to keep the filename identical on the moddb page).
Acknowledged by: dertseha
66472f4f65f0b
dertsehaQuote
Re extra folder: The readme does mention the step of creating a folder. If I add the folder to the archive, then the readme isn't immediately available, as it is moved as well. I'm torn about this and opted for the current variant.
Which case is more likely?
* People "know" how mods work, ignore readme, and complain they have to create a folder
* People don't know how mods work, would want a readme front and center
* People don't know how mods work, ignore readme, and... know how to complain? :)
I guess a combined variant is the compromise: put readme and the mod-folder into root of archive.

The readme also specifies the package being version 3.0, as it's a new packaging, and specific for the source port. Also to separate it from the previous two versions.

(Plus: Did you choose .7z to keep up the mixture of compression formats like in the first post? ;) 7zip is not universally installed, .zip is supported natively in MS Windows)

I'm also considering to name it "HighRes_Object_Textures_..." as (possibly) someone wants to make a mod for actual high-poly-count objects - which is also why it's registering itself that way in the game.

Will update all of that later today - tomorrow morning latest.
66472f4f65ff5
voodoo47Quote
as far as I can tell, all sseesp mods already use that format (yours included), so lets keep it consistent. will wait for the final archive.
[ss1mod.jpg expired]
66472f4f660ab
dertsehaQuote
ah, those are the ones from 3rdPlayer.
So, I'm the heretic then (female hacker also had everything in the root dir). All good.
66472f4f66185
voodoo47Quote
oops, correct, it actually doesn't - anyway, lets use that format (the archive containing the modfolder and the modname_readme.txt) from now on.

any up to date os should be able to open 7zip archives nowadays.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact