SS1 High-res objects

1 Guest is here.
66470c2c6d3a1
VegoraptorQuote
Theoretically, most textures should look way better when upscaled with something that is not HQx since it is a rather basic filter. I did some testing with a Fringe pattern and some basic textures (why Minecraft? Simply because did not have the original SS textures at hand). For the sake of it, I also tried waifu2x and Smilla Enlarger, both of which I have personally used before. W2X is meant for mostly flat textures like cartoons, or in fact anime, and uses some sort of Deep Convolutional Neural Networks magic, whereas Smilla was developed for photography. I'd say a mixture of xBRZ and W2X might be best, the latter seems to have a surprising amount of problems with single-pixel, non-45° lines, but the results for voluminous textures are way less artificial than xBRZ. But feel free to interpret the results yourselves.
66470c2c6d4da
szmotsuQuote
I think the most problematic wont be rescalling but rather inserting resized textures into game (due to pallete limitations and lack of proper tools for res files)
66470c2c6d64d
Deu sexQuote
I've been trying to get the V2 version to work but no matter what I do (I assume I have to copy/replace the files identical to the V1 ?) it says it doesnt find the folder.
V1 .bat file works but when I put the citmat.res file back into the game, textures of 3D objects appears corrupted.
Is it possible that you release a V3 standalone version that works with SSEE ? now that we can play the game in 4K this mod makes much more sense :)
66470c2c6d6fb
Deu sexQuote
 Please :heart:
66470c2c6da6a
dertsehaQuote
I've had a little time to experiment.
Turns out, HackEd was (almost) capable of doing that, all that's missing was an importer for .bmp files.

See attachments to this post:
First, a source port compatible mod (the archive). Contained README.txt describes how to install.
Second, pictures show a selection of 3D Objects, both with and without the mod enabled (seems like the low-res screenshots are ordered first, see filename on mouse-over to be sure).

If you are happy with it, I'd go and publish it then on moddb (hence the timeout of the attachments).

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact