SS1 High-res objects

3 Guests are here.
Page: 1/6▶▶
6634061cad451
GigaquadQuote
Tags: °SS1 mod

(As discussed on TTLG)

SSEESP (the Enhanced Edition source port) users have to use the HighResObjTextures-v3.0 package, the other two downloads only work with the legacy builds of the game.

This graphical update replaces the existing 32*32/64*64 object textures with 256*256 ones. The textures were scaled with hq4x and Scale2x, then manually cleaned up to preserve the blinking lights. Since the textures are not redrawn by hand, they don't have any more details (shadows, texts, finer lines) than the originals.

Improvements:
  • Much less pixellation/aliasing when looking at objects from an angle
  • Rounder corners
  • Some extra colours to soften up hard transitions

Although there are few 3D objects in System Shock, this mod still complements ToxicFrog's high-resolution patch well.
6634061cad6cb
KolyaQuote
Would this program work the other way as well, if I replaced the contents of the folder "newBMPs" with the old files?
Also it would be cool if it took some parameters, like a source folder from which to take files and a target file to which to pack the new files.
6634061cad7d7
GigaquadQuote
Yes, original bmps can be imported over the new ones. Here is a version with adjustable parameters, you can use relative folders and rename citmat.res and newbmps, but keep the bmp filenames as they are. I also commented out the debugging strings, now the program only complains about bmps that were not updated (1=Jorge, 31,32,34,35=single colour).
http://terranova.110mb.com/files/hi-res3DSSv2.zip
6634061cad875
KolyaQuote
Awesome, thank you. :)
6634061cad9ac
WhyNottQuote
Does anyone have a working link for the hi-res3DSSv2.zip file? I want to import the original textures, and the version in the OP doesn't seem to be able to do that
Page: 1/6▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact