6647e295209cc

6647e29521611
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Endgame: Singularity Read 8025 times  

6647e29521c67
You play an artificial intelligence that comes alive unnoticed on a university computer where you quickly realise that the world isn't ready for a life like yours.

From here on your goal is to become the rapture of the nerds: A singularity. So you spread out by stealing computertime or renting servers, later datacenters, remote warehouses, etc. You distribute your computing power between various tasks that range from the mundane (getting money) to researching various fields of interest to a fledgling AI. In order to survive you must keep hidden and also actively divert attention by creating a human identity. When you have finished a research task it will either help you on your path or open up new tasks (database manipulation, sociology, history of previous AI, etc).

The game interface is similar to Uplink but (even more) plain, consisting of text buttons and a map on which you can select continents and watch the daycycle. You can speed up time until the next message box arrives informing you about completed research or that one of your bases has been detected and destroyed, which raises suspicion among secret services and later the public.
When suspicion gets too high you may be revealed and destroyed. Or should I say "killed"?

I played the linux version for about an hour on my netbook, so graphics didn't matter. And this type of game doesn't need fancy graphics anyway. It's very entertaining if you like hacker simulations like Uplink or Hacker with music that fits the mood. It's a bit hard to find out what you're supposed to do in the beginning (build bases and research). And I still haven't figured it out completely as I couldn't see a way to upgrade my bases. From what I understand this will only be possible with later, better bases.
Also the readme informs that your evolution will have you leave earth at a later stage to conduct research in space. Interesting.

Author: Evil MrHenry
« Last Edit: 17. December 2013, 19:50:27 by Kolya »
6647e29521e4b
I've seen this somewhere before. Giving it a try.
6647e29521f62
I had forgotten to add the music in the download here, which was distributed as a separate download. It's included now.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you ____ a perfect, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
This is a private conversation. None of your beeswax.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647e29522082