It's interesting to me

6 Guests are here.
◀◀Page: 293/294▶▶
6647f03d1cee7 6647f03d1d0c1
voodoo47Quote
..and Fallout, Fallout everywhere. well, better than infected hooves, I suppose.

was thinking maybe I should give FO4 another whirl, but then remembered how I just got fed up with all the bugs and missing/broken mechanics, and all the mods that fixed the bugs and mechanics, only to introduce new bugs, so you would have to get more mods to fix those, and so on..

so I think I'm good - but I guess no harm in asking, did Bethesda fix anything in the last decade?
6647f03d1d1e0
Nameless VoiceQuote
I seriously doubt they've fixed the painfully awful writing.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Chandlermaki, fox
6647f03d1d3c3
foxQuote
I don't remember FO4 being too buggy but of course it's a Bethesda game, so only relatively speaking. Most complaints I have heared were about it being too streamlined into shooter territory which is partially true but I still had lots of fun exploring it. To be honest, I might have enjoyed the action-oriented aspects of the gameplay more than with FO3 or NV because of it and I also enjoyed the less depressing, technically updated, look. The main story was weak as usual for the Bethesda FOs and compared to New Vegas but that came expected and is not really a problem for me, as there's enough good side stuff and environmental environmental storytelling to keep me interested.

I stayed away from Fallout 76 because people made fun of its buggy state (and the lack of NPCs) for quite a while but when I tried it a year or two ago, it seemed ok (relatively speaking again).

I ended up enjoying the first season of the new show too. The first two or three episodes are mostly for establishing the setting. They competently captured and recreated the tone of the Bethesda-FOs to a degree that positively surprised me although some of the characters and/or their actors really rubbed me the wrong way (like Maximus). Walton Goggins, on the other hand, is excellent. Once the story starts to unfold after those initial episodes, things start to get interesting on a less superficial (pun not intended) level, too. I'm happy to know that another season is in the works. Potentially the first show/movie based on a game franchise that I can really enjoy (although I have yet to watch The Last Of Us).

I'm not sure how appealing the Fallout-world really is to the broader mainstream audience but I guess the red scare / nuclear holocaust themes are striking a nerve these days. Maybe that specific combination with retro-scifi, fantasy and dark humor does too. The timing could be just right for this.
6647f03d1d556
icemannQuote
Fallout 4 is a mixed bag. The combat is great, the world is quite large and there's heaps of content. On the other hand a lot of the RPG stuff was removed such as:
* Actual choices in conversations
* Stats and skills giving additional conversation options
* Skill System
* Ability to play how you want, and be the type of character that you want to be. Good, neutral or bad.

For a far superior Fallout experience I'd recommend New Vegas preferably with the 3 fan made expansions + Tale of Two Wastelands mod to combine the game with Fallout 3. Far better experience of the wasteland.
Plus lots more.
◀◀Page: 293/294▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact