🔒 System Shock remake and System Shock 3

1 Guest is here.
664b64eae6f6c
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by icemann:
It was like that, because the player had the cybernetic interface in his head, and so saw things through that perspective. Ties in just fine to the story.
If I had a status overlay being projected directly into my field of vision, I would be driven batshit by a bunch of useless distracting clutter.

The HUD in the alpha footage has the health and energy meters, the biometer, and a compass. What else do you want?
Acknowledged by: Nameless Voice
664b64eae71e6
icemannQuote
Rewatched again. I'll admit I wasn't watching the top of the screen. I had been watching the bottom to see if the usual HUD stuff was there as it had been in SS1.

Good to see the stuff at the top. That part of it is very similar to that of the original.

At work currently, so when viewing the video it was in bursts.
664b64eae74d5
ThiefsieFoolQuote
Looks nice.

If anything annoys me it's the very generic rubber-chicken feel of that ragdoll effect when the mutant falls down, ideally physics are always configured instead of being left at default values like most games leave them, so stuff has the right weight and enemies' bodies fall like a sack of bricks instead of rubbering around on the floor.
664b64eae7635
Nameless VoiceQuote
I more got the impression that the mutant was flailing around on the floor in pain, but on re-watching I guess it's just dodgy physics.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact