🔒 System Shock remake and System Shock 3

1 Guest is here.
664b64f4a6498
vurtQuote
Didnt see it posted so..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPLF9Ad9ns

dont like the cartoonish character, but everything else looks pretty good.

664b64f4a660d
voodoo47Quote
the lighting felt like it didn't fit completely at certain spots, but yeah, not bad, not bad at all.
664b64f4a671a
ZylonBaneQuote
I'm impressed by how they're attempting to combine SS1's garish texturing with more modern levels of environmental detail. It certainly gives it a unique, almost pulp sci-fi look.
664b64f4a6a3f
OlfredQuote
I must admit. I also like the style of the visuals presented. But as I already mentioned before, I would like to have a less "cuby" layout.
Acknowledged by: Nameless Voice
664b64f4a6b5c
ZylonBaneQuote
Since SS1's levels are very densely mapped, with most areas fitting tightly together, breaking out of the grid of SS1's original design would require essentially remapping the entire game (when Citadel Conversion Project was still going, they even had problems tweaking the layout to allow doors more than 1 pixel thick). That would be an order of magnitude more work. I'm surprised they managed to gather the budget for even this level of remake, so I'm not about to complain.

I noticed that the briefcase at the start has the SS2-era TriOp logo on it. I hope they aren't ditching the wider SS1-era version for this.

I also don't care for the HUD texture wrapping around the left and right edges of the screen. Makes me feel like I'm viewing the game through a porthole.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact