🔒 System Shock remake and System Shock 3

1 Guest is here.
664b9fd6c5c53
MarvinQuote
Seems like a 50:50 mixture between Bioshock and Alien Isolation with an 80s style vibe and contrast pushed to the max... mmh, not sure about that. They're certainly not cheap about it, that's a plus. I really like the new skybox, looks fantastic.

Quote by ZylonBane:
I also don't care for the HUD texture wrapping around the left and right edges of the screen. Makes me feel like I'm viewing the game through a porthole.
Well, they said we'd be able to configure it. Hope they keep their word.
664b9fd6c60d4
RocketManQuote

Quote by vurt:

Pretty... damn... good!

If this is how you guys plan to "change" things, then my hope is further renewed.
664b9fd6c622e
voodoo47Quote
yeah, not a fan of the useless round hud parts at the screen edges either. reminded me of Bioshock 2's helmet edges - while "realistic", they were too obtrusive and I had to turn them off right away.

they also reminded me of Deus Ex invisible war, and that is not something I like to be reminded of.
664b9fd6c6378
foxQuote
Hell yeah, that demo-clip looks very promising - although I have yet to give it a closer look!

@Kolya: the "one man saves the world"- narrative is not a Cyberpunk-inherent thing at all. It's just something game writers used to attach to pretty much everything. I would even go so far to say that like classic hardboiled fiction/noir, it's a genre that lends itself very well to stories that show how little of a difference a single person can make, despite all the desperate action that might have ensued. Those detectives/lone hackers usually are broken anti-heroes that often come out barely alive, betrayed and even more cynic then before.
664b9fd6c68f9
QuindorrianQuote

Quote by Producer_chris:
Sure basic gameplay IS Looking Glass. That won't change. But I see a number of people talking about another Haunted House experience, retreading that same ideal. I'm not sure that is the best call..it may be the right call. There are other fears than isolation. What happens if Shodan gets into the wild? What happens if she 'wins'? Either of these threads won't allow the game to take place in a vacuum. Anyway...

But Cyberspace and cyberpunk in general has so many new and interesting threads to pull. Cyborg-ism, bio-enginnering, hell, computing in general has completely changed since 99.

All of this said, I'm head down in Underworld right now and honestly try not to give Shock too many brain cells.

Well said, Chris.  I like the idea of exploring these things rather than retreading old territory ad naseum. 

Quote by Producer_chris:
That said--look at Star Trek TNG vs. TOS, or BattleStar vs old Battlestar. You can nod back to the originals but still modernize. Like old Trek, there has been so much advancement in our world that some of Shock just isn't Sci-fi anymore. It may come off very forced if we just retro it. Unlike the Alien game, which worked because the noises, wall patterns, suit design exc, not only became the genre, but frankly were designed by Gieger, so calling back to that completely works.

Agree strongly here.  Sounds like you really "get it" and that is just awesome.  New Battlestar was a amazing, btw :)  Just saying...   :awesome:

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact