6633a8c0ec42a

6633a8c0ec9c4
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Game Crashed on "Body of the many" Read 1558 times  

6633a8c0ece48Jeppex83

6633a8c0ecec8
Hello folks!

I was really happy when I noticed I can play System Shock 2 on my Macbook Pro. ( There is a port in portingteam.com) I have always liked the System Shock 2. It is just perfect game.

Everything plays good. I even put the rebirth and some other mods and it looks fantastic. I played it more over 10 hours and then something weird happened.

When "Body Of The Many" starts everything is ok. I play and play but there was the blue door, and I figured I must shoot the two nerve clusters. Ok first is Easy.. It was over the KILLING acid water. But then I wandered over two hours and tried to find the other one.. And nothing. Then I had to check a walkthrough on youtube and was shocked. If I have to shoot the other nerve cluster I have to go under the KILLING acid water. It did not work, everything was ruined.

The problem is that there is a somekind of bug in the game. When I step under the acid water, everything stops about 3 seconds, I can hear the radiation beep and the player die. I even tried to "cheat" to get the radiation suit but same thing happened. Then I tried "undead" GODMODE-thing to get through it. It worked but the godmode don't get out when I start the save game that I get after the acid water.

Have you guys heard this kind of bug? I was so frustrating so I deleted my game and everything. But now I figured that maybe if I have the savefile somebody could try it on PC. But the save is deleted so thats it.

All I want to know is there any cure to kill the bug...?

6633a8c0ed882voodoo47

6633a8c0ed8e4
well, as you don't have the savegame anymore, there isn't much we can do really. all I can say I have never encountered anything like that before (the game freezing/pausing as soon as you enter the irradiated water, and unpausing after the player dies - did I get that right?).
Re: Game crashed on "Body of the many"
6633a8c0eda8c
I never heard of this one. Could be a problem that only happens with the Wineskin wrapper of course, although at least one person seems to have beaten the game that way. Does this only happen in the radiated water? What happened when entering radiated areas elsewhere, eg on the Engineering deck?

6633a8c0ee0e5Jeppex83

6633a8c0ee143
well, as you don't have the savegame anymore, there isn't much we can do really. all I can say I have never encountered anything like that before (the game freezing/pausing as soon as you enter the irradiated water, and unpausing after the player dies - did I get that right?).

When I entered the irradiated water the game freezes about 2-3 secs, when it is in freezing I can't move. Only I can hear the "radiation hazard" and the player dies and it came back to the System shock menu.

I never heard of this one. Could be a problem that only happens with the Wineskin wrapper of course, although at least one person seems to have beaten the game that way. Does this only happen in the radiated water? What happened when entering radiated areas elsewhere, eg on the Engineering deck?

Everything else worked well in the game. This only happened in the "Body of the many" level. And this is just my luck that that is almost the final level of the game...

Too bad I was So pissed of that I uninstalled the whole game.. I spend over 10 hours to beat that and everything for nothing :(

I tried to take save files. And reinstall System Shock 2 without any mods. Then I put save files back and it still crashed. Now I am angry that I deleted everything. Maybe somebody could help me or investigate the thing better.

Maybe it is somekind of bug on wineskin..

Maybe if I can have somewhere the savefile of that level I can try figure it out better...

6633a8c0ee24fvoodoo47

6633a8c0ee2a4
you can use cheats to spawn directly in the botm level (by adding first_level MANY.MIS into cam.cfg), spawn some weapons,  upgrade yourself (ubermensch cheat) and try entering the water again.

6633a8c0ee34aJeppex83

6633a8c0ee394
Thanks for the tip!!! I will try it more today!!

6633a8c0ee49aJeppex83

6633a8c0ee4e9
This is interesting... When I start a new game and use voodoo47 tip to start the "Body Of The Many"... Everything acts like it should to act!

It must be some kind of bug on the game itself. I don't understand.

When I had the bug, I even tried to use the previous save file that I had on the previous level. When the "body Of The Many" started it worked well just until the water part..

So I think if I even have the old save file and I give it to other player to try it. It would not work..

Now is the fun part to try to remember my old stats and put it in the game ;)

THANK YOU GUYS!

6633a8c0ee58cvoodoo47

6633a8c0ee5d6
not like we really solve the issue, but whatever makes you happy.
1 Guest is here.
Twist Ending - Defeat SHODAN without ever using Weapon Upgrade Units.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6633a8c0ee6de