🔒 Console command not working [wine] [semisolved]

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/4▶▶
66474cb392a1e
JMLQuote
I tried the "shift+;" and then "shift+anythingelse". I changed keyboard layout to different ones, I just seem to not have any success whatsoever of getting the console (in shoot mode, of course). I tried left shift, right shift. I still have no idea. Has anyone of you experienced something like this before? This is my first time trying the console, so I've never seen it working before, but disabling mods doesn't seem to change a thing.

TL;DR: The file user.bnd in your shock directory has the line "bind : edit_command" (or very similar). Change it to something that doesn't need shift. For me "bind . edit_command" worked. Save user.bnd with the changed line. Console will now start, when you press ".", but the keyboard layout is still strange. Changing the layout to brazilian does work. _ is now at shift+ß  (I have a german keyboard)

Code:
$ setxkbmap br
66474cb392d4b
OmegaDEATHQuote

Quote by Colonel SFF:
I tried the "shift+;" and then "shift+anythingelse". I changed keyboard layout to different ones, I just seem to not have any success whatsoever of getting the console (in shoot mode, of course). I tried left shift, right shift. I still have no idea. Has anyone of you experienced something like this before? This is my first time trying the console, so I've never seen it working before, but disabling mods doesn't seem to change a thing.

Using the number pad?
66474cb392e8a
ZylonBaneQuote
What sort of weirdo foreign keyboard are you using?

Whatever, if you look at an American or British keyboard layout, you'll see that the shifted semicolon character is a colon. So type a colon.
66474cb393261
JMLQuote

Quote by ZylonBane:
What sort of weirdo foreign keyboard are you using?

Whatever, if you look at an American or British keyboard layout, you'll see that the shifted semicolon character is a colon. So type a colon.
It's the one built in to my Laptop.
The layout is called German (Austria). English (UK), and English (US) don't change the fact that it's not working.

Quote by OmegaDeath:
Using the number pad?
I have neither a shift, nor a colon key on the number pad. But I still tried combinations with the Numpad. On and Off, yes.
66474cb393369
ZylonBaneQuote
Did. You. Type. A. Colon?
Page: 1/4▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact