SS2 Zygoptera Randomiser

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/10▶▶
66385e0c367a9
ZygoQuote
Tags: °mis °veteran °SS2 °obsolete
(As discussed on TTLG.)

This modification is based on the original levels of SS2. The current unified version (univ103) randomises item and monster placement as well as other factors in the levels: Med/Sci, Engineering, Hydroponics.

It is very strongly recommended that you play this mod from a new game. Using old save games may cause corruption of the saves and cause the game itself to crash.

This mod is not made by, nor is it supported by Looking Glass Systems, Eidos Interactive, Irrational Games or Electronic Arts.
Supplied as is, use at your own risk.

Previous downloads:
* RandomME103.zip (6377.5 KB - downloaded 580 times.)
* Random_H_100.zip (3078.94 KB - downloaded 340 times.)
66385e0c3693e
GrifmanQuote
I changed the extension to .ss2mod and used Zombie's fantastic mod manger.  It's now in the mod manager, but the MM says "This mod was not a ss2mod - therefore it could happen that it won't work exactly as the aouthor of the mod had in mind".  Any reason why?  It seems be in the right place.  Also the MM won't show the details from it's Readme file either, unlike the other mods.  Any idea what is going on?  Anyone else use this with the Mod Manager?  Thanks.
66385e0c36af5
KolyaQuote
This happens when you use a mod with the modmanager that has no included INI-file. The mod will work anyway. But as Zygoptera said, you will have to manually backup the motiondb.bin in your SS2-install-dir and put the one from the archive in it's place.
That's a shortcoming of the Modmanager which has yet to be figured out.

Kolya
66385e0c36bd9
GrifmanQuote
Thanks for the quick response.  But do I really need the motionbd.bin file?  It seemed like it was optional from the mod description.  And what does it do anyway, I couldn't tell that either.

And thanks for this great site and hosting everything.  It's much appreciated and I've let alot of my friends know of this place.  Thanks.
66385e0c36cd2
KolyaQuote
According to Zygoptera's description at TTLG the motiondb.bin file fixes some motion oddities.Probably on the hybrids.I can't tell you what the changes are exactly. It is optional anyway.
Thanks for spreading the word! :)

Kolya
Page: 1/10▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact