66389004eb98e

66389004ec065
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Zygoptera Randomiser
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 111936 times  

66389004eca03
The first time I tried this mod, it must have randomized outside the airlock door, which meant there was no power cell to be found in the immediate area.  In other words I was trapped, and with the decompression on my tail, I was dead within seconds.

That isn't how the randomisation works, there are three copies- one under the bench, one under the detached plating, one in the normal place. It can't spawn outside the immediate area (it's also the same situation with the access cards, they are all pre-placed and accessible in all cases as gotchas suck). The only way they can be lost is if two triggers fire at exactly the same time. This could happen, but the chance is around 1 in 500,000.

Upon entering the Engineering level for the first time, the game completely locks up after a few seconds.  It appears that it's trying to spawn all the random items but doesn't have enough space, so after a huge drop in framerate, the game slows to one frame every few minutes.  In other words, it stops completely.  I toggled the mod off and the problem went away when I reentered Engineering.
Sorry, I cannot get this to replicate at all, running through the first section of eng six times. There was a problem which could cause these symptoms but I fixed it ages ago, and even when it did occur it was not a persistent error like the one you're describing.

This has happened a couple of times already: a completely indestructible midwife spawns and hangs in midair until you attack her.
Ok, identified this and fixed it. She makes herself vulnerable when her scripted sequence ends, so if she hangs in the air she will never finish it. I couldn't get the midwife to hang in the air, but I made it vulnerable as soon as it teleports so it will be killable if it happens again.

66389004ecad8Barbach

66389004ecb27
I've decided to reinstall System Shock 2 so I did with ADaoB and Zygo's Randomizer but the fact is SS2Mod Manager displays a warning about some conflict between the mods.

Too bad :/

66389004ed6a5Silencer150

66389004ed732
That isn't how the randomisation works, there are three copies- one under the bench, one under the detached plating, one in the normal place. It can't spawn outside the immediate area (it's also the same situation with the access cards, they are all pre-placed and accessible in all cases as gotchas suck). The only way they can be lost is if two triggers fire at exactly the same time. This could happen, but the chance is around 1 in 500,000.
Yeah, I realized afterwards that I was doing something wrong, and it turns out Kolya was right.  But thanks for the heads up.
Sorry, I cannot get this to replicate at all, running through the first section of eng six times. There was a problem which could cause these symptoms but I fixed it ages ago, and even when it did occur it was not a persistent error like the one you're describing.
It probably has to do with my running SS2 on a dated system.  The game does have a temporary framerate delay every time the randomizer is spawning items on a fresh level load, but it never becomes so severe as when I start Engineering.  On subsequent restarts of the game (as in starting from a new game entirely) the problem may not occur.  I was able to replicate it once by doing just that: starting a new game and running straight to Engineering.

In games in which this problem has occurred, if I load the savegame on Med/Sci right before entering Engineering for the first time, the problem replicates every single time.  In games in which the problem does NOT occur in the first place, reloading Engineering causes no problems at all.

Ok, identified this and fixed it. She makes herself vulnerable when her scripted sequence ends, so if she hangs in the air she will never finish it. I couldn't get the midwife to hang in the air, but I made it vulnerable as soon as it teleports so it will be killable if it happens again.
OK thanks.

I've decided to reinstall System Shock 2 so I did with ADaoB and Zygo's Randomizer but the fact is SS2Mod Manager displays a warning about some conflict between the mods.

Too bad :/
I think this question has already been addressed, but you can use your discretion when it comes to mod conflicts.  I use those two mods together all the time and I don't believe they should conflict, as they alter different parts of the game.  What you mostly need to watch out for are two mods that change the gamesys (the shock.gam file) or two mods that affect the same models.
66389004ed8cc
Using the ADAOB gamesys with the randomiser levels ought, theoretically to be OK as I added most of Straylight's in level fixes to my missions. However, that was with an older ADAOB version, and the more gamesys changes are implemented in the ADAOB gamesys the more scope there is for problems to arise. As such using the two together is very much a 'use at your own risk' venture.

66389004eda5cmiracle.flame

66389004edab0
Zygo if you want I could enhance your files to be ADaoB 0.2.9. compatibile

66389004edc28miracle.flame

66389004edc75
here you go then...
as always.. ADaoB first, then this mod

[attachment added to the first post ~Kolya]
« Last Edit: 23. September 2008, 21:41:13 by Kolya »

66389004edd2dBarbach

66389004edd79
Well now let's go for a randomizer that moves key items at reachable random places, and generates random codes for doors (dynamic update of the audio log text)

Errrm, sounds like a lot of work :D
66389004ede87
Is it possible to use this for Multiplayer? I'm guessing you've never tried it... and I'm guess the different .gams might produce separate results for each player and cause chaos... :(

If it is impossible, could you explain how you created the deadly decompression sequence? I would love to use that for our game.
66389004edfe9
The gam files aren't different if you are both using the same mod(s) and object placement should be synced between the players anyway. My tip is simply to try it.
66389004ee13d
Aha! Just what I needed Kolya, optimism. Can't wait to co-op my younger brother. Yeah I'm sending him my .gam, mesh, snd, etc. It just might work.

Ah ZYGO. The decompression event? I tested it. It doesn't affect you if you are crouching, but as soon as you stand, ARRGH. Just like in real life! :)    (It's still scary as shit.)
Thanks for adding that feature. We always made fun of Sholito screaming to get out when there was no danger...
Does it start the timer as soon as you begin or after you get through the vent shaft? Never just stood there, you see... Oh, and the routine where it doesn't spawn a wrench but the debris destroys that metal blocking the ladder? You got cool points for that one.

66389004ee1e0ToBeardOrNotToBeard

66389004ee232
Can't find hydro A or D cards anywhere... been looking for the past 4 hours :/ Help? :P

66389004ee2edOneofTheMany

66389004ee353
I'm sorry for necro, but is the ADaOB version working with the ADaOB v030?

66389004ee48evoodoo47

66389004ee4e6
not fully, so there will be anomalies.

66389004ee58bOneofTheMany

66389004ee6f6Goodshot

66389004ee744
Hi Zygo!

Greetings from Finland.  I just want to thank You for your  Great randomiser mod (it really wakes old game up) :)
If you have time, please continue your great work.

We have tried LAN Multiplayer with my friend several times, but the bulkheads (area loadings) causes gamecrash too many times, hope that somebody will fix SS2 MP some day -.-

sorry about my english  :paranoid:

66389004ee7e5krokots

66389004ee830
I guess that not using ADaOB at all doesn't change Zygo's Randomizer behaviour? The only version available to download is the "ADaoB29 compatibile".

66389004ee8davoodoo47

66389004ee927
the randomizer only contains modified levels, so it should in theory work with vanilla, ADaoB, and even SCP. you are welcome to try.

do note that it's unfinished and abandoned, so no one really knows how well will it work.
66389004eea06
It's only unfinished in the sense that not all levels were done though. The ones that are there work fine by themselves.
66389004eeb0e
@voodoo47 Do you know of any particular reason why this is tagged as obsolete? Has the behaviour been integrated into a newer mod that I'm not aware of?

66389004eebbcvoodoo47

66389004eec0d
it's unfinished, unupdated and its compatibility with the latest stuff has not been checked, and it seems like it can get the game into an unwinnable state, therefore the obsolete = use at your own risk tag.
66389004eed11
I think the comments where people thought the game was unwinnable turned out to be because of false assumptions about how the mod works (ie user error). And while this mod is unfinished, that only means it does nothing in the later levels. Which leaves untested compatibility. Oh well.

66389004eedbavoodoo47

66389004eee6c
feel free to remove the tag, or invent a different one if you think the current one doesn't fit.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock takes place on a space station named ...:
1 Guest is here.
Who wouldn't want a fainting chair?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66389004eefd7