SS2 Zygoptera Randomiser

1 Guest is here.
66492fb5f0c2e
Silencer150Quote
OK major problem I've discovered.

One of the mods I'm using, which I believe to be this one, causes the decompression to actually start to damage you in Cryo Recovery A if you don't escape fast enough.  While this is a cool feature to add, and more realistic than in the original game, there's just one catch.  The power cell placement is randomized!  The first time I tried this mod, it must have randomized outside the airlock door, which meant there was no power cell to be found in the immediate area.  In other words I was trapped, and with the decompression on my tail, I was dead within seconds.

I think you should include power cells in the category of mandatory items that should not be randomized, or at least make sure that their locations are limited to places that are realistically reachable.  For example, there's also that power cell that grants access to the Medical sector.  It would not be fair to have it randomize inside the locked maintenance room that you aren't supposed to know the code to yet.

I hope you can address this soon, because I was really looking forward to playing through with this mod.
66492fb5f0eb7
KolyaQuote
And this major issue keeps you from doing so? Sheeeesh.
Besides even though it's been a while since I played this mod, knowing Zygo and all, I'm pretty sure the battery is reachable wherever it happens to be. Maybe you should look harder.
66492fb5f0ffe
Silencer150Quote
All right, I'll have to try it again.  Of course, I'm probably not going to be able to duplicate the same problem as before, not that I would want to.  For the record, I did look everywhere, or at least everywhere that I could before the decompression started to hurt me and I had to run.  Regardless, there's no way back into the vent shaft that drops you into the recharger room, so I did pretty much get stuck.  :sweat:

I'll give Zygo's mod another go on my next play through.
66492fb5f11dc
Silencer150Quote
OK I was unable to get the same problem to happen, thankfully.  This time the battery appeared either in its normal place, or under the bench.

Anyway, I was able to play up to when I first entered Hydroponics, and then I ran into an unusual glitch.  In the area above Environmental Regulator ACR2 in Hydroponics B, there will normally be normally a pipe hybrid and a shotgun hybrid patrolling.  However when I reached that area (after playing through the rest of the level no less) the two hybrids appeared to have been spawned incorrectly.  They resembled clumps of limbs with a weapon sticking out, that could only rotate in place in midair.  I would have taken a screenshot, but the game crashed immediately afterwards, and every time I tried to re-enter Hydroponics B/C from a previous savegame on MedSci to see if it would happen again.  The culprit appears to be this mod, because the problem went away when I uninstalled it.  :confused:

Here's the best screenshot I could get.  I tried to brighten it up so you could see the problem, but this is as close as I could get to the hybrids before the game crashed.  That dark clump floating in midair is a malformed hybrid.

Image: http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9946/spawnbugoe5.jpg
66492fb5f135f
miracle.flameQuote
Make sure you have the file hydro2.dif renamed to something else or put somewhere else so it doesn't interfere with the game.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact