SS2 Zygoptera Randomiser

1 Guest is here.
66492f250e38d
Silencer150Quote
Thanks.

Another bug to report.  Upon entering the Engineering level for the first time, the game completely locks up after a few seconds.  It appears that it's trying to spawn all the random items but doesn't have enough space, so after a huge drop in framerate, the game slows to one frame every few minutes.  In other words, it stops completely.  I toggled the mod off and the problem went away when I reentered Engineering.

I'm pretty sure it didn't happen during my last playthrough, but now it happens every single time I try to enter Engineering with the Randomizer mod active.  I checked the thread on TTLG and I suspect it's related to that bug someone discovered, where the spawn point at the beginning of Engineering continues to spit out items after you pick the first one up.  Would anyone know how to remedy this?

ETA: There's another bug that has to do with the Hydro2 map.  This time I know I had already renamed the HYDRO2.DIF file, so it's not interfering with the game anymore.  In the northeast section of Hydro B, after The Many threatens you not to touch their eggs, a cyborg midwife is supposed to spawn in the small passage halfway down the north hall and attack you.  This has happened a couple of times already: a completely indestructible midwife spawns and hangs in midair until you attack her.  It makes this section unplayable to have a midwife you can't kill constantly blasting you with laser bolts, and I know the problem went away when I deactivated the mod.
66492f250e998
ChandlermakiQuote

Quote by Silencer150:

One of the mods I'm using, which I believe to be this one, causes the decompression to actually start to damage you in Cryo Recovery A if you don't escape fast enough. 
Sounds cool. What mod is that? O.O
66492f250ead5
KolyaQuote
True, Zygoptera's Randomiser has a countdown for decompression. It's a tight race and you die pretty soon afterwards.
66492f250eb66
ChandlermakiQuote
Thats awesome! I'm so getting this...
66492f250ef6f
ZygoQuote

Quote by Silencer150:
The first time I tried this mod, it must have randomized outside the airlock door, which meant there was no power cell to be found in the immediate area.  In other words I was trapped, and with the decompression on my tail, I was dead within seconds.

That isn't how the randomisation works, there are three copies- one under the bench, one under the detached plating, one in the normal place. It can't spawn outside the immediate area (it's also the same situation with the access cards, they are all pre-placed and accessible in all cases as gotchas suck). The only way they can be lost is if two triggers fire at exactly the same time. This could happen, but the chance is around 1 in 500,000.

Upon entering the Engineering level for the first time, the game completely locks up after a few seconds.  It appears that it's trying to spawn all the random items but doesn't have enough space, so after a huge drop in framerate, the game slows to one frame every few minutes.  In other words, it stops completely.  I toggled the mod off and the problem went away when I reentered Engineering.
Sorry, I cannot get this to replicate at all, running through the first section of eng six times. There was a problem which could cause these symptoms but I fixed it ages ago, and even when it did occur it was not a persistent error like the one you're describing.

This has happened a couple of times already: a completely indestructible midwife spawns and hangs in midair until you attack her.
Ok, identified this and fixed it. She makes herself vulnerable when her scripted sequence ends, so if she hangs in the air she will never finish it. I couldn't get the midwife to hang in the air, but I made it vulnerable as soon as it teleports so it will be killable if it happens again.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact