🔒 Community Fan-Fic

2 Guests are here.
663b21385a544
~RocketMan~Quote
Lol that was an invitation to write something
663b21385a6e6
voodoo47Quote
I know, but I doubt I have enough talent for this. as I already mentioned, I never even read fanfic before.. and I might start reading it now, but that's about it.
663b21385aa67
KolyaQuote
The train approaches the next station, passing a row of twenty or thirty agents. I can only see their dark suits flying by, whether they are UNN or TriOp men I don't know. The punks have occupied all the doors in our wagon and seem to get ready for a fight.
The young guy with the vodka bottle suddenly comes very close.
"They know who you are," he says. "let's get out!"
He grabs me by my arm and we rush to an exit.
The blue haired girl is in front of us as the Maglev comes to a halt. The creaking doors open and a small blue flame shoots from her hand, deftly slicing an agent's body open that's in her way. He slumps to his knees, only to empty his bowels onto the platform with a puzzled look on his face.
Most of his colleagues are being attacked by the punks now. Our exit is free, this is our chance. The two start to run and I follow them.
I don't want to get caught by either TriOp or the UNN on the way to a secret meeting, but somehow this situation has gotten completely out of hand. It takes two blocks before my rationale sets in again. I stop and scream: "That... that was completely unnecessary!"
The skinhead and the blue haired girl stop and turn around.

"I know," he says to me, "she is still a bit of a sultry one... Who would have thought?"
Are they grinning at each other? I don't doubt anymore that they are a pair.
She holds her hand up as if to greet our followers, but no one is to be seen. Then she says: "We have a moment."
It's the first time I hear her voice and I'm surprised how soft and delicate it is. She doesn't sound like a street kid, more like a sad uptown girl.

I have decided to get to the point before I will go back to the station.
"Are you the one who called me?" I address the skinhead.

"No, I didn't call you. A friend saw you get on the train and informed me. I immediately recognized it was you, Dr. Delacroix."

"Then who are you?"

"I'm the one who released the AI known as SHODAN and put her back to sleep 43 years ago." he says earnestly.
I don't know what to answer to this ridiculous statement. Kids are imitating the hacker on the streets every day. But after the Citadel incident he had simply vanished.
"The hacker would be at least sixty years old now! And you are..." I begin.

He cuts me off: "Yeah, I'm holding up pretty well, thanks to your company's generous help and excellent cryo-products." he says with an embarrassed smile. He steps away when the blue haired girl comes closer. She looks at me. And with her same soft voice she says:
"And I am the AI known as SHODAN, the murderer of threethousand fourhundred and fiftytwo innocent people on Ci-Ci-Citadel station."

I feel him touching my arm while I still stare at her in disbelief.
"Please come with us Dr. Delacroix. We risked our lives to speak with you."

"It's not my fault you risked your life," I say defensively, "Besides you just risked my life too. I could be dead by now."

"That's correct," he says gazing at me, "and with all due respect, I wonder why you are not. But since you are here and alive, I need to show you something. Please come with us."
663b21385b0f2
RocketManQuote
The survey team began scouring the wreckage of the Von Braun as I sent a transmission back to Earth reporting a successful landing and disembarkation.  I was glad to do a few administrative tasks before joining my men onboard the crashed derelict.  Something about it scared the living shit out of me.  Based on the specs and ship layout I’d reviewed with my peers in the briefing back on Earth, this ship should have left an enormous impact crater.  Instead it left more of a surface blemish and the outer hull was strewn all over the place like shrapnel.

No less than 10 minutes had passed and I was being raised on the comms.

“Jim, this is incredible.  I think you should have a look at this ship up close.  Stan and I are at grid reference 42 Charlie”

“Understood.  I’m on my way.”

My stomach turned as I set off for the wreck.  Excavation equipment was busy at work all over the damn place, picking up debris and analyzing artefacts that had been ejected in the explosion.  This part of the moon had virtually no infrastructure and looked pretty much untouched until now.  The ejecta blanket from the impact hadn’t fully settled and there was a fine layer of particulate still floating around, making visibility a little poor.  It was a surrealistic experience.

As I got closer to 42C, I started to get my first glimpse of the remains for myself.  I could see entire decks cross-sectioned as a result of the hull fracturing.  This was typical.  What I didn’t see was anything inside!  There was no furniture, no bodies, very little evidence of any equipment or machinery….  a severed cable here or there, not much else.  I saw what looked like architecture from the hydroponics level but if it hadn’t been for the colour scheme and physical location in the ship I wouldn’t have known any better.  It was barren, almost sterile.

“Edward!  What the fuck is going on here?  Did everybody just pack up and leave?  This ship looks like it was completely gutted from top to bottom!”

“No kidding.  We’ve only begun to scratch the surface here but I’d guess that more than half of the ship’s mass is unaccounted for, mostly the functional parts.  No bodies anywhere… and it gets worse”

“Of course it does!”

“Stan found one of the crew.”

“How is that worse?!”

“You’ll see.  Stan’s examining it now.”

My pulse quickened as I hurried over to where Stan was crouched.  I was starting to feel light-headed.  This was weird.  Too weird.  Not the kind of weird where you feel like you’re going to get ambushed by zombies or anything.  This was the type of weird where you come across something real subtle like, that just screws with your understanding of reality and how things ought to work in the universe.

“Jesus H Christ!”

Stan turned around, expressionless and then resumed his forward gaze.

In front of me was a machine of some sort.  I wasn’t sure what to make of it.  It resembled an abortion of a washing machine with psi-amps plugged into it all over the place.  I could make out the outline of prism cartridges running down the back of the machine, some sort of orb-like things lining the bottom, most of which were cracked.  Those that still functioned flickered on and off, causing the machine to shift around haphazardly.  The body or chassis seemed to be heavily armoured although features like electronics and hydraulics were visible between the panels if you looked at the right angle.  And recessed in the upper right corner of the machine was a force field through which a pair of synthetic eyes could be seen peering out of a lifeless face.

I may not have mentioned that all this was incidental to the scene taking place a few feet ahead of the thing.  An intermittent form… (holographic?), stooped low to the ground, blinking in and out of existence, without colour, without contrast but bright as day.  He bore resemblance to the face in the machine.  The incoherent babble coming from the being made little sense to me but in any case I was unable to make any further comment.  I felt as though I was becoming disconnected.  I turned around and walked back to the shuttle.  Edward stood silently and for a while and then followed.  Stan remained fixated on the ghostly apparition and listened intently:

“….wasn’t enough to….”

“I tried….eep up wi…”

“…irst it nee…arts of the sh….but ..efor.. long….ranscended matte…”

“A…..mila…d the shi……xponenti…ate.”

“It’s all……r now”

“ou’ll ne…..ee it co….”

“I’m s….”

663b21385b201
KolyaQuote
Nice one. And glad to see you back in the show.
When they found the living washing machine, I thought: This must be Goggles! :awesome:

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact