🔒 System Shock with GUS

1 Guest is here.
664a27353b59d
KolyaQuote
Added a working link in the first post.

I would appreciate if someone could create an archive with the actual necessary files and link it here. Then I will attach it at the top. I'd do it myself but I cannot find an ULTRASND411 file in Gravis ULTRASND Files.rar (folder of that name though) and I don't have the time atm to figure out what Scorpion was referring to.
664a27353b730
DarklordQuote
I think you linked the wrong driver.  I got help on the vogon forum and they showed me a file called USAIL311.zip. yours the drivers are in .dll format not the .dis .mdi.

If you are looking for an ultrasnd folder try mine
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50486448/ULTRASND.zip

it has the Pro Patches installed including a fixed snair drum patch to stop the endless looping.  Don't remember where i found it, but I could never find it again.
664a27353b7f7
KolyaQuote
Oh well. I'll just attach all the files we have now to the first post and repeat my request that once someone has figured out what is actually needed they throw those files in one archive which we can host here.
664a27353ba1e
Wild PenguinQuote
There is something fishy with this GUS support patch for cdshock... indeed the music will bug out on science level (it does for me it always, regardless of if any digital samples playing, after just a few seconds) - but, also on reactor level, no music is ever played. After there is an error in the music, no music is ever played.

I may misremember, but I think I've had a working GUS music setup for system shock previously in Dosbox... but it could have been only in the floppy version, and I mayh have only ever used GM in the CD version. Speaking of which, with GM - depending on whatever is responsible for the synthesis - one can get quite good quality music, in any case. For example, FluidR3_GM soundfont is quite good.

However - the issue is: has anyone got GUS music to play back correctly on the CD version, beyond medical (in level 2, or reactor)?

(FWIW, it is possible to get music even with included umid.mdi, but that one requires to run ultramid before running sshock - and it has exactly the same bugs).

p.s. sorry if this seems necrobumping, but it doesn't make much sense to start a new thread to me, either...
664a27353bb69
icemannQuote
Bit of necro never hurts, if it's for a worthy reason, which this is.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact