🔒 ASUS laptop color calibration issues

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/38▶▶
6634ab99a3679
KolyaQuote
°techtalk

I spent a long time trying to figure out why my ASUS laptop with an Intel graphics chipset and Windows 7 loads a faulty color profile everytime it wakes up from sleep, hibernation or restarts.
If you have Intel graphics like me you will find A LOT of bitching about Intel's "persistence" module (aka  "Intel(R) Common User Interface" - C:/Windows/system32/igfxpers.exe) being the problem. And a lot of people will advice to turn that module off from msconfig or similar. 

Well I tried turning that off but it never helped. The computer started first with the correct colors and then switched to the faulty orangey and overly bright color profile again.

I finally found the solution by coincidence today: On my ASUS laptop there was a program pre-installed called "ASUS Splendid utility" which supposedly should make video look more "vibrant" and whatnot. Typical bloatware and in this case the source of a major nuisance. After turning it off and then uninstalling this splendid video utility, I finally have correct colors from the start, without manually reloading my color profile all the time.
I'm just noting this here, in case someone else on these wide and beautiful plains we call the internet runs into the same problem. Took me weeks to figure this out.

tl;dr: ASUS bloatware called "ASUS splendid utility" screwed with my monitor color profile.
Acknowledged by: Stormvision
6634ab99a380d
JasonQuote
Thanks so much for this, really could not figure out why it kept having this orange tint. The only way I could figure to remove it was to Calibrate the Display in Control Panel - the funny thing is that by just clicking next once and not even going through the whole process, it fixed the colours.

Again, thank you.
6634ab99a3934
✅ HuguesQuote
Thank you so much, Kolya, for helping to solve this stupid problem on which I spent so long time!! Now, thanks to you, finally my Asus P31 works fine  :)
6634ab99a3a1d
pgpuroQuote
Why did I not find this post earlier!!!
Don't know when but I did play with 'Splendid Utility' and selected 'vivid'. Am sure that this problem didn't surface then and there but maybe after the next restart.

Based on this post, went back to the utility. But instead of uninstalling, just selected 'normal' and that did the trick!

Such a relief. Thanks Kolya!!!
6634ab99a3ad2
KolyaQuote
Yeah, you don't have to uninstall "Splendid Utility". Just turning it off by selecting "normal" is enough to fix the wrong colors.
Glad this helped some people.
Page: 1/38▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact