6647cd4c52d51

6647cd4c53b1c
1 Guest is here.

Topic: ASUS laptop color calibration issues
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 ... 8 »
Read 159709 times  

6647cd4c5439c
If it's a separate monitor I would check the monitor's colour settings on the monitor itself, as well as cables and connectors. If it's a laptop screen then the most likely suspect is hardware failure, especially when colours change when changing the screen angle.
A software problem like the one described in this thread is quite rare in my experience.

6647cd4c5445esmetf14

6647cd4c544de
Thx man. Sooooo frustrating, this solved it!

6647cd4c545d0SwedishHunk

6647cd4c54625
Thank you! My computer now displays stuff the way it should. That bright color configuration was complete bullshit, those guys at ASUS must be retarded, who the fuck would appreciate seeing everything altered? I'll never buy anything from ASUS again, this laptop is the worst purchase I've ever made.
6647cd4c5476c
Dear Friend,

Many thanks. Even I was facing same issue with my ASUS laptop. Your suggestion (Uninstalling the ASUS Splendid program) fixed the issue.

Cheers
P

6647cd4c54872Brandon

6647cd4c548c6
Kolya- Holy crap... THANK YOU! May 2014 and this is still helping out people with ASUS Laptops (mine is an Asus G53JW). One day my color just started getting a yellowish tint. I tried many things such as default color calibrations in nVidia and Windows 7, tried checking my cables, and I gave up thinking I would have to have manually fix this on every bootup with a stupid Color Management shortcut on my desktop for eternity. Uninstalling this POS finally fixed it! I can't say thanks enough.
6647cd4c54a16
THANK YOU!!!, This has been driving me mad for the last couple months. I thought I uninstalled all of the shitty bloatware when I first got the laptop.

Changing the resolution, and then changing it back fixed it until I restarted the computer.

6647cd4c54bc4agent09

6647cd4c54c10
Two days ago i started having this issue when i was playing a video game in full screen mode - just after my NVIDIA cards updated. The color management would not keep the NVIDIA settings. I searched the web for 6 hours this morning, in complete amazement at all the "fixes" from a wide array of users/admins/photographers from the web, pages and pages of msconfig file changes, boot up, start up, driver installs, re-boots and god like microshaft admins spouting their pages of "sir - please follow every detail of my post, including all the links to noob faqs we have blessed the interweb with - then post ALL SPECS for your dell Emachine you purchased at Wal-Mart BEFORE we lash you with our ADMIN POWER WHIP - please REBOOT and come back for your LASHING.

After all the normal opening and closing of the above listed pages (after even falling victim to actually checking some start up msconfig files - i know i know but they looked so promising), I came across this page..... Literally 2 seconds of checking my setting in the splindid utility, fast re-boot - problem solved. I had hit a hot key setting while configuring hot keys in game. I am sure that all the other manufacturers of the other user posts i read through had similar issues but it took an ASUS user to post a proper fix. So in typical gamer fashion, I shall give you the credit that is due to you sir:

You Sir - ARE A GOD.

Thank you forever in time and i shall sacrifice a goat in your honor.

Agent 09
6647cd4c54d25
I had the opposite problem to many people, my laptop screen was way too blue and washed out (It was perfect before but apparently I messed with it somehow), so I looked up the splendid tool, and normal is way too blue so I had to go manual and play with the slider...

Didn't know this tool existed, it'sway better than the terrible windows 8/Intel calibration tools...
6647cd4c54e09
For color fidelity using calibration tools is much more advisable, but whatever works for you. :)

6647cd4c54ef0Thompkins

6647cd4c54f39
Happy Days!

I uninstalled ASUS-splendid, and after restarting the PC is was automatically set to the last colour calibration. (calibrated again for good measure while I rubbed my eyes in disbelief). I wasn't able to start the ASUS-splendid application to change settings to normal as it kept saying; "splendid doesn't work in current mode" - I tried all the modes! This was the first page I found on the matter, clearly because of all the hard work the original poster did and the amount of hits it's already gathered. And the correct search-terms on my behalf no doubt.

6647cd4c550bdAnother thankful person

6647cd4c55106
Kolya, get over here let me give you a big fat kiss!! Thank you so much. I was getting so frustratedthen i bucked up on this thread. I am breathing alot better now
6647cd4c55243
I know I am a late arrival to this thread but I have had my ASUS for a year with this problem already. All my photoshop work has had to be done on my old laptop because the colours were all screaming yellow on the ASUS. Every so often I would look for a solution without success. Finally it is fixed!!!! What on earth were ASUS thinking?

A very big thank you, Kolya.

6647cd4c55357ThankDude

6647cd4c553a8
HOLY CRAP!!!! - THANKS!!!!!! ... had been living with this pollution-yellow in my laptop for almost half a year, Dude, FUCKING ENORMOUS THANKS!! (now go and get a job in ASUS, ASAP!)  :thumb:
6647cd4c5548d
THANK YOU so much!!!
This thing was driving me crazy and now it's solved!
6647cd4c555bf
2014 - July     ASUS Zenbook / 2012
I just had the same problem, on loading faulty color profile everytime it wakes up from sleep, hibernation or restart.

I did remove the pre-installed program  "ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Utility" - and now it works the way it should!

6647cd4c5579bAussie C

6647cd4c557ec
Thank you, thank you, thank you from an ASUS V550C user.
I had to remove the program in order to remove the ridiculous murky-yellow hue when projecting to my Dell second monitor. Simply changing the settings within the "ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Utility" did nothing but make the laptop monitor colours unpleasant.
6647cd4c55bef
thanks a lot! by setting it from "vivid" to "normal" everything was all right. 
thank you, thank you, thank you! this has been driving me nuts.
now ... to see if it stays after i shutdown and restart.
6647cd4c55ee4
thank you, thank you, thank you! this has been driving me nuts.
now ... to see if it stays after i shutdown and restart.
ok ... update ... yes, it appears to stay correct. thanks again.
however, i noticed something else ...
not sure if or how this is connected but ...
at the same time this first happened, my basic color for my Excel 10 also changed.
when i go to select background color for a cell ...
the first row of whites is supposed to be a gradation of white to middle grey.
well, it has that stupid orange tint!  and it still does even after i changed this
thing back to normal, and shutdown/rebooted.
anyone else? how could only the basic colors from white to grey have been
changed in my Excel?  just grasping at straws here.  tia
6647cd4c5605d
I wish I could be one of those people screaming "THANKS IT WORKED!!!!"

Thanks to the freaking genius who devised this "splendid" utility... all my games are blue.  If I set Splendid to Normal, it will fix the problem... until I start a game again, and its back to Smurf-ville.  When I uninstalled this ridiculous program... all it did was take away my ability to change it to normal- now its blue and stays blue.  Not just games, but everything.

So now to at least use the freaking internet without staring through a blueberry, I had to reinstall this crap program.  I can't figure out why an uninstall works for so many people but not me.  Ugh.
6647cd4c56160
You might want to check out Windows color calibration after you uninstalled the splendid tool.

6647cd4c5624eBobX555LN

6647cd4c562a1
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I have been screwing with my eyes for hours just trying a lot of display calibration methods from the internet and all it took was this stupid bloatware!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU A LOT!!!!!!!
6647cd4c56427
I bet Kolya's kicking himself now, wishing that he'd  charged for this solution!

He'd be living on his own island in the Caribbean now, playing System Shock 2 on his custom made five-hundred foot TV.  XD
1 Guest is here.
We are not seeking to escalate the situation. But we need to respond.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647cd4c56543