663765bbb77b4

663765bbb7d70
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SCP Beta 4 Issue Reporting Read 45265 times  

663765bbb86b4ZylonBane

663765bbb8731
Submit all SCP Beta 4 bug reports here.

Before you report a problem, make triple sure that you have patched up with the latest SS2tool (with no manual tweaks to the cfg and ini files) and are running a clean install of Beta4 - if you want to report an issue you found in an earlier release (or even vanilla), you can, but you need to make sure it still exists in Beta4 before submitting.

Also, it would be prudent to enable the stats overlay when playing/testing - hit SHIFT+; to bring the console up, type show_stats and press enter.

This topic is now closed due to the release of SCP Beta 5.
« Last Edit: 01. January 2024, 04:29:44 by ZylonBane »

663765bbb883dSystem Shocked

663765bbb8890
Page 49 of the PDF ReadMe for SCP Beta 4 for the Rec2.Mis level states this reported issue, followed by a Dev's comment :

- Texture on convex wall corner left out of main elevator needs tiling corrected. //not sure what do you mean.

Just making sure that this was fixed, if needed, and not overlooked.

663765bbb89b7voodoo47

663765bbb8a05
I'm guessing this actually is a rec1 report, and if that's the case then yeah, texturing has been fixed there.
Acknowledged by: System Shocked

663765bbb8ccdSystem Shocked

663765bbb8d1d
I'm guessing this actually is a rec1 report, and if that's the case then yeah, texturing has been fixed there.

I leave it to your expertise as to which level the issue actually exists and as to whether or not it's been already fixed.

663765bbb8dafvoodoo47

« Last Edit: 04. November 2017, 22:27:59 by voodoo47 »

663765bbb8fe6System Shocked

663765bbb9035
why bother asking then?

This reported issue seemed to be open ended and not resolved, so I wanted to bring it to your attention so that it could be investigated/resolved. 

663765bbb928fvoodoo47

663765bbb9348
What penguin?
sometimes, stars just align for no reason.

663765bbb9546voodoo47

663765bbb9599
allright, while the entertainment value of all the things that are currently going on in the beta4 report doc is undeniably high, its primary function is to store exact information in a way that would allow easy filtering and manipulation, so I think we need a few basic rules to keep things tidy;

-the sheet is a place where you log concrete problems, example: alien goo on ops near a corpse hanging from a ceiling is upside down. a report like this will get marked as fix/no fix by a dev, usually with a simple explanation. if you want to discuss that, take it to the forum/this topic, the sheet is not a chat app. short description of whatever you've got, a screenshot, mapname, and nothing else.
-do not "reply" to explanations in the sheet, again, if you want to discuss something, the forum is the place.
-try to avoid logging indistinct stuff like "a lot of things clip into other things". this isn't very helpful.
-suggestions are also better off discussed here, and only logged into the doc when approved/found relevant.

this won't be enforced strictly, but make no mistake, anyone screwing the doc too much WILL earn a short vacation.

slight cleanup will be performed soon.
« Last Edit: 17. November 2017, 13:08:41 by voodoo47 »

663765bbb9650ZylonBane

663765bbb96a9
Now I remember why I never read that thing. Jesus.

663765bbb9767voodoo47

663765bbb97b3
under normal circumstances, I find the sheet quite helpful and easy to work with, so it serves its purpose, I believe.

cleanup complete, so all should be good for the moment.

663765bbb9871System Shocked

663765bbb98c9
Concerning any SCP feedback GOOGLE document, I haven't been able to figure out how to submit 2 or more screenshot links into the same "Column D" single cell named "Screenshot/Savegame" links. If this is doable, how does one easily go about doing so???
« Last Edit: 22. November 2017, 09:04:59 by Moderator »

663765bbb998bvoodoo47

663765bbb99da
uh.. you just hit space and keep pasting them into the field? anyway, why not simply link a small gallery instead?

663765bbb9c49System Shocked

663765bbb9ca6
uh.. you just hit space and keep pasting them into the field? anyway, why not simply link a small gallery instead?

Sorry voodoo47, I tried/exhausted all machinations of copy-space-paste without success. I'm able to paste two entries into a cell, but as just regular text, not as true working links.
663765bbb9fc3
I fumbled around a little bit and couldn't figure it out myself. So after conducting a quick google search, I've learned that it apparently is not possible to have more than one working hyperlink in one cell.
So I guess you just have to put them in there as plain text.

663765bbba082System Shocked

663765bbba0d2
Many thanks OLFRED for taking the time in your busy schedule to investigate my issue about not being able to post multiple superlinks within the same issues feedback reporting cell D in the SCP Beta4 GOOGLE issues feedback document. 
« Last Edit: 23. November 2017, 08:06:31 by Moderator »

663765bbba1a3voodoo47

663765bbba1f3
plain text links aren't a problem - unless you want to paste in like ten of them, something you shouldn't be doing anyway. again, keep things as short and simple as possible (example - your previous post could have been just "I see, thanks Olfred", 20 characters vs 231).

663765bbba2d0System Shocked

« Last Edit: 23. November 2017, 22:37:57 by System Shocked »

663765bbba48fvoodoo47

663765bbba4dd
this is funny on so many levels.

//alright, amusing demands aside, it's pretty much this;
-sometimes, we legitimately miss stuff. like that medsci1 fan ambient that didn't get fixed because you didn't fill in the mapname properly.
-sometimes, things clip into things intentionally, like a bench that is partially stuck in a wall to make it more narrow. doing something like that is a legitimate thing, and if it looks intentional, I'll leave it be.
-yes, I did misunderstand a few of your reports. blame it on your own inability to express yourself in a clear, easy to understand way.
-feel free to resubmit stuff, I don't mind having a second look, unless it's something really crazy. like that rail on earth that you have a personal beef with for some reason - doesn't matter how much you scream, it's simply NOT getting removed, unless you submit a scientific study that will prove it causes eye cancer or something like that.

to make is short (watch and learn), just do whatever, and I will do the same. as always.

ever wondered what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
« Last Edit: 23. November 2017, 13:16:47 by voodoo47 »

663765bbba5ebvoodoo47

663765bbba639
allright, #33 - you can't be bloody serious. see the attached screenshot for a quick example of an issue/non issue. I'll leave #37 in the sheet, as a reference to what you should NOT post there - again, the sheet is a place where you report actual problems, not voice opinions or start discussions.

I'm not aware of any objects that have been flushed to their surface without leaving at least 1 pixel of space.

663765bbba702ZylonBane

663765bbba75b
I can't tell what that image is even supposed to be showing.
Acknowledged by: Olfred

663765bbba846voodoo47

663765bbba895
it's one of the ventilation shafts next to the medsci to eng maintenance access - if you inspect the first screenshot (marked as "no issue") closely, you can see that the side textures inside the shaft are not mirrored perfectly. the second one however, has a completely different texture on the right side (green). that is an example of something that should be fixed - however if someone expects me to go around making sure that all the wall textures in all the tunnels and corridors match perfectly everywhere, then they are pants-on-head crazy.
« Last Edit: 24. November 2017, 08:39:18 by voodoo47 »

663765bbba9b0voodoo47

663765bbbaa01
ok System Shocked, you are submitting beta3 issues that HAVE BEEN FIXED in beta4 into the beta4 doc (ex #94). I HIGHLY recommend you double check the last batch you've submitted and delete such entries - this is the ONE thing I'm not going to tolerate. continue doing this, and there WILL BE consequences.

also, no need to submit beta3 fix confirmations or questions - either check ingame yourself or post here. for the last time, NO DISCUSSIONS of ANY kind in the sheet - you play the game with the latest SCP build active, find something, grab a screenshot, post it in the sheet with a short description, set the mapname/issue type, nothing else. is this so hard to understand?
« Last Edit: 25. November 2017, 20:28:32 by voodoo47 »

663765bbbaff3System Shocked

663765bbbb04b
this is funny on so many levels.

//alright, amusing demands aside, it's pretty much this;
-sometimes, we legitimately miss stuff. like that medsci1 fan ambient that didn't get fixed because you didn't fill in the mapname properly.
-sometimes, things clip into things intentionally, like a bench that is partially stuck in a wall to make it more narrow. doing something like that is a legitimate thing, and if it looks intentional, I'll leave it be.
-yes, I did misunderstand a few of your reports. blame it on your own inability to express yourself in a clear, easy to understand way.
-feel free to resubmit stuff, I don't mind having a second look, unless it's something really crazy. like that rail on earth that you have a personal beef with for some reason - doesn't matter how much you scream, it's simply NOT getting removed, unless you submit a scientific study that will prove it causes eye cancer or something like that.

to make is short (watch and learn), just do whatever, and I will do the same. as always.

ever wondered what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

1. RE: Sometimes we legitimately miss stuff, like that MedSci fan ambient that didn't get fixed because the mapname wasn't properly filled in.
- Concerning issue #21, sorry but my supplied screenshot displays the mapname and exact map coordinates where the issue exists. It should've been caught/fixed. :P
2. RE: Sometimes things clip into things intentionally, like a bench that is partially stuck in a wall to make it more narrow . . .
- There's no reason for this bench seat to be clipped into the wall . . . the room is large enough so that the bench seat doesn't need to be narrowed. Reduce its clipping from 5-pixels to 1-pixel, your stated typical minimum requirement.
3. RE: Yes, I did misunderstand a few of your reports. blame it on your own inability to express yourself in a clear, easy to understand way.
- I do my best to accurately describe the issue in a concise manner complimented by a visual example of an accompanying multi-faceted screenshot.
4. RE: Feel free to resubmit stuff, I don't mind having a second look, unless it's something really crazy. like that rail on earth that you have a personal beef with for some reason - doesn't matter how much you scream, it's simply NOT getting removed, unless you submit a scientific study that will prove it causes eye cancer or something like that.
- I've been resubmitting stuff in the SCP Beta4 report. Also, I won't mention the "sacred" upper single, lonely, standalone handrail. Oddly, my optometrist just informed me that the sight in my right eye has been diminishing over the past year.   O_o  :stroke:

" . . . just do whatever, and I will do the same, as always."

OK by me !
« Last Edit: 02. December 2017, 01:51:42 by System Shocked »

663765bbbb190voodoo47

663765bbbb233
and by doing whatever, I actually mean "you can submit whatever you think is still an issue, as long as you stick to the rules".
1 Guest is here.
I'm gonna call my trusty bruxelles technocrat to make it illegal then.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663765bbbb340