6648bce76d3f6

6648bce76d9a7
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SCP Beta 4 Issue Reporting
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 41 »
Read 45924 times  

6648bce76e4fdSystem Shocked

6648bce76e57f
ok System Shocked, you are submitting beta3 issues that HAVE BEEN FIXED in beta4 into the beta4 doc (ex #94). I HIGHLY recommend you double check the last batch you've submitted and delete such entries - this is the ONE thing I'm not going to tolerate. continue doing this, and there WILL BE consequences.

also, no need to submit beta3 fix confirmations or questions - either check ingame yourself or post here. for the last time, NO DISCUSSIONS of ANY kind in the sheet - you play the game with the latest SCP build active, find something, grab a screenshot, post it in the sheet with a short description, set the mapname/issue type, nothing else. is this so hard to understand?

I've already stated that my main computer failed several months ago. I don't know if/when my computer will be repaired and how much longer I'll have an internet connection. In the interim, to experience the release of SCP Beta4, I borrowed a friend's barebones laptop. I can't install SS2 or download/install SCP Beta4.
In view of my potential limited future access towards submitting issues and potentially improving SCP Beta4, I painstakingly revisited/reviewed past SCP Beta2 and SCP Beta3 feedback reports and posted suspect issues that may still need fixing, and others for reconsideration, as recently posted on the SCP Beta4 Google.Doc.
This is all that I can do for the time being in submitting possible issues to continue my long ongoing uninterrupted commitment towards improving SS2. Any issues that can be fixed now is time well spent, even if just a few are addressed at this point in time.

Unlikely you'll be getting further SCP Beta4 feedback reports until I have SS2 and SCP Beta4 installed and running on a computer.

6648bce76e77bvoodoo47

6648bce76e7fe
very well - just remember to keep things clean once you are up and running.

6648bce76ee22System Shocked

6648bce76ee6e
Although a large number of issues were reported towards SCP Beta4 on Nov. 24/17, the Dev team hasn't yet commented on many submitted issues in Dev column "H", compared to the timely Dev's response time concerning other previously submitted issues.

I'm wanting to move further into further SS2 issues, but not until you Devs comment on the status of previously submitted issues.

Thanks in advance.

6648bce76ef48voodoo47

6648bce76ef93
did you go through them and made sure all of that stuff still exists in beta4? because I've just randomly opened one and surely enough, it was an invalid/old report again (marked accordingly). you probably don't want me to find a third one, so I would suggest you sort your stuff out.

let me know once you are done.

6648bce76f0ceSystem Shocked

6648bce76f11d
You're forgetting that I've repeatedly stated that I'm temporarily using a friends technically challenged laptop. As such, I can't install SS2 and SCP Beta4 in order to play the game and confirm that my reported issues still exist.

Sorry, but I can't confirm that my recently SS2 posted issues on and around Nov. 24/17 have yet to be fully investigated. Please review and confirm that they have been investigated on their own.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: 20. December 2017, 01:41:53 by System Shocked »
6648bce76f565
You're forgetting that I've repeatedly stated that I'm temporarily using a friends technically challenged laptop. As such, I can't install SS2 and SCP Beta4 in order to play the game and experience its stated observations.
If you can't play Beta4, don't send Beta4 bug reports.
Acknowledged by 3 members: ZylonBane, JML, voodoo47

6648bce76f653voodoo47

6648bce76f6ac
cleaned up, but consider this a (last) exception - I do NOT wish to see a flood of semi-random, semi-invalid reports EVER again. are we clear?

the amount of invalid reports is enough to earn you a week of vacation. not going to enforce it - but consider this an opportunity to take a voluntary break for a couple of days, and think about how to make you posts shorter, cleaner, and less full of annoying bright colors.
6648bce76f86f
MedSci2
Eng1
Ops1
[MedSci2.jpg expired]
[Eng1.jpg expired]
[Eng1-.jpg expired]
[Ops1.jpg expired]

6648bce76fa1fvoodoo47

6648bce76fa6d
two top testers, both Systems, both nuts, one doesn't talk, the other one won't shut up - just how funny is that.

2 and 3 are fixed easily enough, the last place is just pain and I don't want to touch it no more, the first one is a feature. also ideally you should use the google doc linked in the first post.

6648bce76fb63System Shocked

6648bce76fbac
Many, many thanks voodoo47 for your double duty in reviewing older reported issues again, which has brought to light a number of previously multi-reported issues which were sadly never addressed, are finally being fixed, and several others are being investigated. The sad issue is that all of these issues were previously reported, most on more than one occasion, but were never corrected.

The forums provided a sloppy means of accurately tracking/resolving issues. The Google.Doc for reporting issues is welcome but has suffered from the same issue where many reported problems have yet to be resolved.
« Last Edit: 23. December 2017, 07:31:12 by System Shocked »

6648bce76fc3evoodoo47

6648bce76fc87
you really don't read other people's posts, do you.

6648bce76fe30System Shocked

6648bce76fe7e
To gather and catch all of the still existing missed previously reported issues, consider sending a Dev or three back into the forums concerning reported issues for SCP Beta2 and SCP Beta3 to thoroughly cull through and investigate all of the reported issues to ensure that they are given the scrutiny that they deserve. My resubmissions for possible suspected overlooked reported issues for SCP Beta3 & 4 reported in the recent Google.Doc for SCP Beta4 has found that a number of previously multi-stated reported issues were never addressed, but will be in SCP Beta5, or whatever the next SCP release is called, which sadly is at least three years too late? It's unfortunate that you're spinning your wheels concerning issues regarding many past reported legitimate SCP issues, that were sadly never resolved within their domain.

It's a matter of acknowledging and giving respect and substance to those within the forums that spend time painstakingly searching for and reporting the issues/oddities that they discover and experience within the game during their numerous playthroughs. Game issue reporters expect that all reports be reviewed, investigated and that any legitimate problems be fixed on a timely basis, but what's just recently happened in the SCP Beta4 Google.Doc shows that past legit ongoing concerning issues were never fixed when they were initially reported, when they should've been, some of which are now finally being fixed into SCP Beta4.
« Last Edit: 23. December 2017, 07:39:48 by System Shocked »
6648bce77029f
To gather and catch all of the still existing missed previously reported issues
Shouldn't that be "To gather/catch"?
Acknowledged by: ZylonBane

6648bce770337voodoo47

6648bce770384
it actually should be "", for the whole post.
Acknowledged by 3 members: ZylonBane, Chandlermaki, JML

6648bce77072bvoodoo47

6648bce770781
you actually deciphered his post? I mean yeah, he is either way, but still, that is a lowres png screenshot (yaaay) of a searchable green pea box model I have never seen before, with a multiplayer container screenshot edited in (using some red russian font mod I've never seen before), with the description mentioning beta1 and a link to beta2. it couldn't be more cuckoo if it threw eggs out of a nest.

I mean what's next, micro-piglets popping out?

anyway, as mentioned in the first post, for a report to be valid, the issue needs to exist in the current SCP build, and also if any mods outside the recommended set are loaded, this needs to be mentioned, otherwise the report will be worthless.
« Last Edit: 02. January 2018, 10:23:38 by voodoo47 »

6648bce7708bchemebond

6648bce770907
I just watched a streamer have to give up because the keycard reader to Engineering cargo bay 2 could not be frobbed. They apparently followed some Reddit thread (they left before I could ask which thread) that had recommended a bunch of mods, SCP being one of them.

6648bce7709b3voodoo47

6648bce770a03
SCP does nothing to that slot. if it was selectable but right mouseclicking wasn't doing anything, then I'm 99.9% sure it was a script load failure, possibly caused by the game being placed in program files.
Acknowledged by: hemebond

6648bce770c67RoSoDude

6648bce770cb7
Had this door in Med/Sci (in the corridor with the scripted chase you see in the intro) bug out. After I walked into the room, the door would never open again (I got out again through the window, so not a huge deal). Couldn't replicate it, but thought I'd report it anyway.

^Ignore this dumbass
« Last Edit: 05. January 2018, 17:27:47 by RoSoDude »

6648bce770d71ZylonBane

6648bce770dc2
Errr... you mean the room where after you go in, there's a crashing sound, the lights go out, and the door locks behind you? And you have to press the button over the desk to unlock the door? The room that's been exactly like that since 1999? That room?

6648bce770e6aRoSoDude

6648bce770eb5
...Yeah, that room. Ignore my retardation (I used that switch just fine an hour later when I redid this part, no clue why it didn't click).
6648bce7711d1
Ah don't worry, sometimes you get struck with the stupid. Happens to the best of us.
1 Guest is here.
I was wrong. It exists anyway.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6648bce7712e6