SS2 Scary Monsters AI Enhancement

1 Guest is here.
6648d1d3e4f37
Sir_FigsQuote
When I had SCP, Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines, and this mod (V1.00), the cyborg assassins glitched/clipped through the tram, possibly due to the melee behaviour (did not happen with just SCP/vanilla recently but that was just one run each). Unfortunately I don't have any save/screenshot, and I don't know if it was actually the melee behaviour.

In any case, one clipped halfway through the tram at the first end and I was able to defeat its upper torso, but another one clipped through entirely at the other end (bridge end), and was forever stuck outside of the tram.
6648d1d3e524e
RoSoDudeQuote
I don't think it should be related to anything I did -- speeding up motions doesn't make the AI go any farther (each run cycle covers a set distance), it just makes them do it faster. All of my changes to the Cyborg Assassin fall in the regime of speed increases.

I tried spawning some Cyborg Assassins in and around the tram and one or two got stuck on the tracks, which should be able to happen regardless of the mod. Just buggy collision behavior in Dark, whatcha gonna do.
6648d1d3e53c2
ZylonBaneQuote
It would be easy to throw pathfinding blockers across the tram boarding platforms for SCP, but that would prevent AIs from chasing you onto the tram.

Just killing AIs that fall on the tracks would be the best solution, but as far as I can tell, AIs don't receive contact stims from terrain textures. There might be another way to do it.
6648d1d3e5834
📱 sarge945Quote
Rule #1 of software development:

If you touch thing X, which is tangentially related to thing y, and then thing y breaks, you're responsible even if you did nothing.

It's a stupid rule, but that's how people see things.
Acknowledged by: RoSoDude
6648d1d3e59a3
voodoo47Quote
duct taping an AI damage dealing object to both ends of the tram worked pretty ok, though I didn't quite manage to place them in a way that would prevent AIs from killing themselves just by getting too close to the tram when the player sits inside of the tram at the station.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact