66362cd4da89b
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Christine FM1: Ponterbee Station V5
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 15 »
Read 284973 times  

66362cd4dae65Christine

Re: SS2 Christine FM1: Ponterbee Station V3
66362cd4daed1
Polaris is done, I'm just waiting for the last 2 logs.  :)

66362cd4dafdfZylonBane

66362cd4db059
Need any graphics polished up?

66362cd4db114Christine

66362cd4db167
You could take a look at the latest beta if you want, and see what you can do  :thumbwink:
66362cd4db2be
Me and a friend is playing this FM Co-op but when we go to level 5 with the elevator my friends game stops working as it should. He can't exit the elevator while I can. If he then dies he will start outside the elevator but he can't see me although I can see him running around, and he can kill me while I can't kill him.
This seems to be a very strange bug. Does anyone know what might be the problem.
Other then that we like this FM, nicely done, keep up the work.
66362cd4db421
Have a save game before you used the elevator?
66362cd4db511
Yes we saved the game before we entered the elevator. We tried by saving on floor 5 as well and then load it, but it didn't work.
66362cd4db67c
I remember having the same bug in a multiplayer game with Nameless. I was glued to the backwall of the elevator. That was with the original game.
Anyway, try loading the pre elevator save game and go to another level. Then go to level 5.

For me the problem simply vanished btw. I died and was resurrected but my friend could still see me, at least I think so. ;)
66362cd4db7c5
Yes, we tried by going through level 3 and 4 before we went to level 5, but no success there. He's not glued to the back of the elevator, he can move around in there, but he can't exit it and for him it seems like I'm stuck, but I can move around outsite the elevator and I can see that he's moving around in the elevator. The game is working perfectly for me (I'm the host btw), but for him he's stuck in the elevator. This is the first time we've encountered a bug of this magnitude and we just finished playing through the original SS2 mission in MP mode.
66362cd4db907
Sorry to inform you, this seems to be a genuine bug.

EDIT: Despite of the two messages I just linked to I heard from another 2 people (Nameless, Hemebond) on IRC that they finished Ponterbee in multiplayer. Make of that what you will.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: 10. August 2007, 23:43:03 by Kolya »

66362cd4db9ccChristine

66362cd4dba21
Some players have problems in multiplayer, some not.  :sweat:

It's a Singleplayer-campaign and this missions were never tested in Multiplayer. I really don't know how to fix bugs that only came up in Multiplayer. The starting points looks fine and "should" work.... :scratch:

66362cd4dbb11
That's really sad, up to that point we really enjoyed this campaign. If there is a fix to it that would be wonderful. Playing System Shock 2 in multiplayer is awesome.

66362cd4dbcc6VenoM_31

66362cd4dbd16
Different accents in the logs are cool! Unfortunately, though, intonation somewhere seems quite unlike that current state one Ponterbee worker should feel (perhaps) at the moment. Don't get abused, that only my humble opinion, I just got it, I don't know... Somewhere... Like that guy who unpacks the delivery and finds tons of rubber ducks, after all, he's simply laughing (perhaps couldn't believe he reads so funny a log :) ).

And besides, where is THE MAP? I got headache trying to remember all the things I've seen in the station! Finally I had to map out difficult levels myself, trying to find something (I was looking for that garden stash where Garrett the thief :) placed his goods, and still I haven't found it after all).

But in general, very nice, indeed. All elements of original game are properly used in a new manner: I can't recall anything that was already seen in the original SS2. Great job!

There are some things out of logic, though. The mind of the many was destroyed in the original SS2. Of course, the self-educating and progressing organism tries to create a new Overmind will, but oh... How does it know how to make those cyborg midwives again? Found another "Korenchkin"? :). And do all the TriOp stations and ships have a supply of monkeys on board? :)
I understand, one might want to use maximum of the already-done, but never expire logical tolerance! :)

The idea of new enemies are great, badly they behave just like hybrids! :( In such a way they aren't even a challenge to anyone! They (IMHO) should be faster, much more agile. They are the final enemies of the player, after all! A good idea for PS v.3 :).
« Last Edit: 04. October 2007, 19:33:13 by Kolya »

66362cd4dbdf9Cap. John Matrix

66362cd4dbe47
Well, I'd fixed my monitor's problem and, in the first time, started the game. WOW, I see me in another world of nightmares  like the original SS2 :) When that keypad boom, I jumped here in my chair; it was around 1:30 A.M. and I'm using a headset. Excellent work, Christine!

66362cd4dbf6dEgamtoow

66362cd4dbfc0
My friend and I played this one on co-op, we were both very impressed by the level design, my friend said he even liked it better than the original campaign in System Shock 2. However, it was too late before we realized there was a major bug affecting the 5th deck that caused our games to desync. :C

I could open the elevator door but my friend could not, his game was frozen, he also mentioned that my character was frozen in place from his perspective. So I came up with the brilliant (at the time) idea of stealthing my way through the entire deck with invisibility due to my huge stockpile of PSI hypos, everything was going fine until I reached a bulkhead, my loading screen appeared but his did not.

@Christine: Are you planning on fixing this bug? Or are you finished with this FM? Thanks.

66362cd4dc0d4Nameless Voice

66362cd4dc12f
I'm not sure what causes this, though I have a vague recollection of having it happen to me.
On the other hand, I've played all the way through this FM in multiplayer twice, so I know it's possible to overcome.

66362cd4dc23fChandlermaki

66362cd4dc28f
oops! i installed the FM without backing up the nessesary files. Does anyone have them?

66362cd4dc332Nameless Voice

66362cd4dc380
What files are you referring to?
66362cd4dc45e
You can find all the original files on your CD.

66362cd4dc500Chandlermaki

66362cd4dc54d
i just got them from the CD :thumbwink:, I asked because i was too lazy.  :lol: 
66362cd4dc670
I just beat Ponterbee Station today, and is there any way I can continue my game from the Ponterbee station storyline to the vanilla SS2 storyline?

I ask this because I played the expansion "Return to the UNN" and I was able to continue the main SS2 storyline. Is there any way I can continue?

66362cd4dc750Silencer150

66362cd4dc79e
I'm giving this mission a try.  Looks impressive so far.  I just was wondering if this is compatible with any of the gamesys mods.  I had Pop's D&E installed and the strings seemed to conflict, so I deactivated that one.  Then I decided to try Crion's CMJ, but it doesn't appear to be working at all.  The Mod Manager didn't say there was any conflict between the gamesys mods and the fan mission.  Is it even possible to play this mission with those mods?

66362cd4dcc9eRainalkar

66362cd4dccf9
I'm giving this mission a try.  Looks impressive so far.  I just was wondering if this is compatible with any of the gamesys mods.  I had Pop's D&E installed and the strings seemed to conflict, so I deactivated that one.  Then I decided to try Crion's CMJ, but it doesn't appear to be working at all.  The Mod Manager didn't say there was any conflict between the gamesys mods and the fan mission.  Is it even possible to play this mission with those mods?

Depends what is changed in gamesys for Ponterbee. There were no stats/skill etc changes afaik. If it's only strings that don't match that isn't a big deal. Btw, which strings?

66362cd4dce40Silencer150

66362cd4dce9c
Hmm, guess I was wrong.  What I meant by that was that the fan missions didn't seem to know to use the modified strings that went with Pop's D&E for the psi powers, even though the mod works fine in the original game.  A similar thing happened when I tried to run Crion's mod, in that the fan mission played as if it were using the original shock.gam instead of the modified one, even though the original game could run the mod fine.  I checked the files for this mission and it doesn't do anything to the gamesys at all, so I don't know what's causing it to neglect the mods.  Regardless of which mod I try to use, Ponterbee runs using the game's original shock.gam for some reason.  :confused:

Might this have something to do with the install.cfg?

66362cd4dcf47Nameless Voice

66362cd4dcf9a
If an FM has custom content in it (as Ponterbee does), it is practically guaranteed to use its own gamesys, not shock2.gam.
Only very simple FMs will not have one.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Trioptimum executive Edward ____ (Fill in the last name):
2 Guests are here.
Karl, you better go and check on Heinrich`s work up on the machine floor.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66362cd4dd11f