6633c1c3e971b

6633c1c3e9d1f
2 Guests are here.

Topic: [Obsolete] SS2 Community Patch (SCP) Beta 2
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 9 »
Read 176686 times  

Re: SS2 Community Patch (SCP) Beta 2
6633c1c3ea5b5
Because @#$%ing YouTube immediately muted it due to my choice of music. Apparently 21-year-old anime soundtracks are serious business.

Opening up the music file's properties and removing a lot of the identifying info in there should hide it from Youtube's automated copyright systems. It would only then be muted if someone reported it and requested it be dealt with. Not sure if this info still holds true today in 2015 though.

6633c1c3ea6e5ZylonBane

6633c1c3ea750
The above post is so fractally wrong I'm at a loss for words.
6633c1c3ea84a
What can I say, it worked for me before....

6633c1c3ea90cZylonBane

6633c1c3ea964
No, it cannot have worked for you before because YouTube is a VIDEO site and video files are not MUSIC files. When you use a music file in a video file its metadata is obliterated. There's nothing left but the raw waveform, which is exactly what YouTube's ContentID system analyzes.
6633c1c3eaa72
"When you use a music file in a video file its metadata is obliterated."

As you are the almighty all-knowing ZylonBane, can you tell me why this is? Why isn't it added to the video's metadata?

6633c1c3eac52
Shit doesn't work that way. The video editing software you import the sound to would have to be able to parse oodles of different music meta data formats and then map this to a video meta data format. It would be a lot of work to program, still fail most of the time and most of all: No one actually wants this. There's no benefit.
Also it is well known that youtube has a sound fingerprinting system in place. It's the only sane thing to do if you are forced to control music content because meta data cannot be trusted, since it can be manipulated by the user. Of course sounds can be manipulated as well! And that's the only way to trick YT into taking copyrighted music: By changing or adding sounds. Of course that usually beats the purpose.
Acknowledged by: Join usss!

6633c1c3eada5Chandlermaki

6633c1c3eadf5
Awesome!

Many thanks to ZylonBane and voodoo for putting so much work into this! Your fixes have made my favorite game of all time more accessible to everyone I've shown it to!

6633c1c3eb13fZylonBane

6633c1c3eb1a2
The video editing software you import the sound to would have to be able to parse oodles of different music meta data formats and then map this to a video meta data format.
And aggregate it for every single audio file used in the video. This is one of those notions that only gets more absurd the more you think about it.
6633c1c3eb4a8
still fail most of the time

Sorry, one more if you don't mind: why would it have a high failure rate? My CS is currently limited to upper level object-oriented game programming, little more, but I am seeking to expand.
6633c1c3eb791
Because @#$%ing YouTube immediately muted it due to my choice of music. Apparently 21-year-old anime soundtracks are serious business.

The funny thing is, the movie clips aren't getting muted on Youtube, but the anime clips are. Really odd.

Anyway it's a good trailer, and miles better than the overproduced and somewhat egomaniacal Deus Ex: Revision trailer!

6633c1c3eb8b2ZylonBane

6633c1c3eb910
Because I can't resist dinking around with things, and kinda hated the awkward way the trailer faded out near the end, trailer rev2 (submitted a fair use dispute on the music. seems to have worked for now, but who knows for how long).

6633c1c3eba4fvoodoo47

6633c1c3ebac4
added to the moddb page.
6633c1c3ebe2b
Sorry, one more if you don't mind: why would it have a high failure rate? My CS is currently limited to upper level object-oriented game programming, little more, but I am seeking to expand.
Because you are proposing to parse an inconsistent changing mess of file types and meta formats. It's like asking why you cannot upload your invented video format to youtube. Should work right? Also posting this before you can say new super standard.

6633c1c3ebf6c
maybe i should ask this in another topic, but is the SS2 Newbie Modding Guide deliberately un-updated?  in other words: with SCP Beta 2 out, does the order of mods still hold up, if i'd like to use all of them?

6633c1c3ec00bvoodoo47

6633c1c3ec0a7
the guide is up to date.
6633c1c3ec197
thanks

6633c1c3ec23eplasma discharge

6633c1c3ec295
thank you guys, i gave up checking for a while, and then it happens :)

6633c1c3ec3a3Deu sex

6633c1c3ec3f4
Guys, it's the first time I try SCP and I have to say the community did a FANTASTIC job, on many aspects, but especially the lighting, lighting just looks SO MUCH BETTER now, the colors are much better and the lighting blends smoothly.
That combined with high quality HDR and a shitload of mods and it just looks AMAZING !

Now it just misses a subtitles mod (especially for other languages), all cutscenes redone, and a big installer for very very low advanced users and it will be perfect !

But that is close to perfectionism, the quality here is honestly outstanding.

6633c1c3ec6bfvoodoo47

6633c1c3ec723
it just misses a subtitles mod
what a coincidence.

6633c1c3ec9e6ZylonBane

6633c1c3eca3d
That combined with high quality HDR and a shitload of mods and it just looks AMAZING !
There is no HDR. There is bloom. Bloom is a component of a true HDR implementation, but it is not HDR by itself.

Now it just misses ... all cutscenes redone
You make it sound so easy, I assume you'll be doing it then.

6633c1c3ecca2Deu sex

6633c1c3ecd00
no HDR indeed, my bad, that "d3d_disp_enable_hdr" line confused me ^^

Unfortunately I don't have any 3D skills to remake cutscenes.

Wow, that's pretty unexpected !
« Last Edit: 13. November 2015, 20:47:04 by voodoo47 »

6633c1c3ecf39ZylonBane

6633c1c3ecf93
no HDR indeed, my bad, that "d3d_disp_enable_hdr" line confused me
That config's name is a LIE. All it does is enable some high-depth frame buffer mode.

6633c1c3ed267Deu sex

6633c1c3ed2bc
That config's name is a LIE. All it does is enable some high-depth frame buffer mode.

Yeah I figured it out, the jump on quality is pretty impressive though.
And for the subtitles mod, I tried it and it's great, I'm going to follow the progress, you have no idea how many people wants to play this game but can't because they don't understand english ! So if it is possible to merge the subtitles mod and the other languages, that would mean something pretty big ! Actually that could event be integrated to the steam/gog version as an official patch.
6633c1c3ed61e
[...] Actually that could event be integrated to the steam/gog version as an official patch.
Dangerous territory, my friend.
2 Guests are here.
(The "X" marks the spot)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6633c1c3ed74d