6633bfab46fbd

6633bfab4756c
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SCP Beta 2 Issue Reporting Read 36513 times  

6633bfab47e06voodoo47

6633bfab47e79
Submit all SCP Beta 2 bug reports here.

all issues should preferably be logged in the google doc.
« Last Edit: 03. June 2016, 11:28:08 by voodoo47 »
6633bfab481b2
Hey, voodoo, since you're here: Could you post a SCP2 savegame for Command? Can be with God mode, too, I need one for testing purposes.

6633bfab48285voodoo47

6633bfab482e5
unless you require something very specific (all doors opened or similar), you can simply add first_level command1.mis into your cam.cfg and then start a new game. you will start on command1.
« Last Edit: 02. November 2015, 16:54:10 by voodoo47 »
6633bfab485f9
unless you require something very specific (all doors opened or similar), you can simply add first_level command1.mis into your cam.cfg and then start a new game. you will start on command1.air values not screwed up,
I know that, thanks, but I also need to visit rec1, rec2, and ops4 (I want to to fix the german map files) and I don't suppose the elevator(s) and doors would be set up correctly. So yeah, the very specific one. :)

6633bfab486ebvoodoo47

6633bfab48740
yeah, you need to trigger a specific questvar to enable the elevator. ah, I get it, you want an actual savegame from a real playthrough - I can give you one from my pre-release beta2 run, might not work 100% correctly with the public build, but should serve your purposes.
6633bfab48a29
yeah, you need to trigger a specific questvar to enable the elevator. ah, I get it, you want an actual savegame from a real playthrough - I can give you one from my pre-release beta2 run, might not work 100% correctly with the public build, but should serve your purposes.
Much appreciated, I hope I can be done tomorrow.

6633bfab48b79Mr. Death

6633bfab48bc7
Not sure if this is a bug or not...

I encountered a single annelid grub wandering around in the beginning maze-like "fluidic tunnels" area on the engineering deck.  Like I said, I'm not quite sure if this is a bug or not, but I don't remember it being there in the original and it seemed out of place, so I'm pretty sure it was.

I unfortunately don't have a save file from before I killed it, so I figured I'd just post this here for the SCP devs / other people currently playing to look out for.  Not sure if it would happen again though....

P.S. Congratulations on the Beta 2 release!  This is the first time I've played with SCP, and all of the changes / little details you guys have added and corrected is really impressive.  It's been awhile since I've played through SS2, but I noticed all of the changes right away.  Excellent job :)

6633bfab48fa0ZylonBane

6633bfab48ffc
Not sure if this is a bug or not...

I encountered a single annelid grub wandering around in the beginning maze-like "fluidic tunnels" area on the engineering deck.  Like I said, I'm not quite sure if this is a bug or not, but I don't remember it being there in the original and it seemed out of place, so I'm pretty sure it was.
Random monster generator 870, spawn probabilities: pipe hybrid 40%, shotgun hybrid 20%, grub 20%. Untouched from the original map.

6633bfab490b1Mr. Death

6633bfab4911b
Ah, good to know.

I guess I'll just leave the bug reporting up to the professionals LOL :P

Thanks for the quick response!
6633bfab4923a
Just wondering, trying to use Rebirth with SCP beta 2, but doesn't seem to work. Isn't it compatible yet?
No problems with SCP beta 1.
Also tried accfam18, and unsure if it works.
In my SCP beta 1 modded game the  menu sign inside the noodle shop is highres, can't get it at highres with scp beta 2 with the same mods enabled..

6633bfab493deYankee Clipper

6633bfab49442
From the SCP Beta 1 issues thread.
Me:
« 2 weeks later, 22. September 2015, 10:48:51 »
When the cutscene plays in Polito's office, walls come up and prevent you from leaving the platform. After the cutscene ends, there is a short period of time where you are still blocked from leaving down the corridor. But, if you start swinging your Laser Rapier at the invisible wall, you can destroy an egg that no longer appears to be there. A grub pod organ and some egg fragments will drop down to the floor.

voodoo47:
« 29 minutes later, 22. September 2015, 11:18:11 »
that should have been fixed ages ago.

ZylonBane:
« 9 minutes later, 22. September 2015, 11:27:37 »
Indeed, it was.

Nope. Although access to weapons is now restricted during the cutscene, as soon as the weapons reappear, I start hitting the still invisible wall. I can't see the egg, but once I connect, the egg explosion is visible and the grub pod organ drops to the floor.

This is now with SCP Beta 2.

6633bfab496ddvoodoo47

6633bfab49734
Just wondering, trying to use Rebirth with SCP beta 2, but doesn't seem to work. Isn't it compatible yet?
make sure you are using the very latest versions of all mods (especially SHTUP-ND) and try again. Rebirth will always be compatible, as there are absolutely no conflicts with anything included in SCP. maybe you have paused it in the mod manager?
6633bfab49aa5
make sure you are using the very latest versions of all mods (especially SHTUP-ND) and try again. Rebirth will always be compatible, as there are absolutely no conflicts with anything included in SCP. maybe you have paused it in the mod manager?

Tried a clean install and using sstool 5.3 instead of 6.1.0.7, and now all models works ok.
So something must have happened with the sstool 6.1.0.7 update.. hmmm
So seems for some reason mods don't work, also tried the Earth dynamic Sky, and it doesn't work on the sstool6.1 game, but no problem on the sstool 5.3 game.

This is from cam_mod.ini

; ---------
; Mod paths
; ---------

; the max path count is 63 for "uber_mod_path" and "mod_path" combined
; (avoid an excessive amount of paths, it can make file handling slower)
;
; the full path search order is (starting with highest priority)
;     uber_mod_path -> FM dir (if active) -> mod_path -> resname_base(/movie_path/etc.)

; these are mod paths that override the active FM in the search order
uber_mod_path osm+ubermod

; these are normal mod paths which are applied after the active FM in the search order
;mod_path MyBowMod+.\TexturePack

; patch_ext.crf contains some compatibility fixes/tweaks for the updated version
mod_path .\DMM\SHTUP-ND beta 1+.\DMM\obj_fixes_v09+.\DMM\AccFam_18+.\DMM\SS2_rebirth_v03a+.\DMM\Earth dynamic sky+.\DMM\SCP Beta 2+.\patch_ext

So seems to be OK?

6633bfab49b89voodoo47

6633bfab49bdc
both tools use the same modmanager, so there is pretty much no way it could work with one and not with the other. the modmanager doesn't care about the tool version, as long as the mods are extracted and enabled properly, they will get loaded. double check everything (and remember, some may require restarting the game, dynamic sky for example).

Rebirth is at 4.0a, btw.
6633bfab49cc9
Thanks for your answer. Started a new game, using Rebirth 4.0a, and now it works. Also Dynamic Sky

Thanks alot for your time :D
6633bfab49e4f
This is not an issue per se but I noticed it while testing my german scp2 map files: I wasn't aware of it before but apparently the only map files that are actually visible ingame and therefore need correction are page001.pcx (empty map with descriptions), page001a.pcx (full but undiscovered map for Spatially Aware OS upgrade, I think?) and the small rooms themselves (p001rXXX.pcx and p001xXXX.pcx).
To conclude: First, you can delete the following files from the next SCP release: p001ra.pcx and p001rb.pcx, p001xa.pcx, and p001xb.pcx from command1, and p001ra.pcx to p001rd.pcx from rec2. Second, I actually only need to change 5 files, 4 of which no one is ever going to see because no one is tupid enough to pick Spatially Aware. If it's even in the game anymore. Cool.

As usual, correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Edit: Oh, and I noticed a lot of map room descriptions are cut off by the minimap button. Will note them during my next playthrough.
6633bfab4a00e
deck 5, 6, 7.

6633bfab4a114Yankee Clipper

6633bfab4a164
Some of the flora poking up through the floor on Hydro. This is with SCP beta 2 plus Vurt's Flora v1.0k. The vegetation is only visible from some angles; when I move around it will disappear in some places.

6633bfab4a221ZylonBane

6633bfab4a26c
Vurt's flora is insane and should be expected to do insane things.

Ah, and it's been a while since we've had System posting endless screenshots of circled hallucinations.

6633bfab4a30fSystem Shocked

6633bfab4a360
So, another brain disorder diagnosed by "Doctor" ZylonBane?

6633bfab4a428Mr. Death

6633bfab4a473
Okay, I'm pretty darn sure this IS actually a glitch this time :P

I'm using nothing but SCP Beta 2.  This is a disc copy updated with SS2Tool 6.1.0.7.

6633bfab4a6fdZylonBane

6633bfab4a751
So, another brain disorder diagnosed by "Doctor" ZylonBane?
You provide us with lots of practice.

6633bfab4a9a7ZylonBane

6633bfab4a9f6
Okay, I'm pretty darn sure this IS actually a glitch this time :P
You're right, that is a problem. To fix, delete obj/txt16/green2.mtl, or even better, install SHTUP-ND.

6633bfab4ac49System Shocked

6633bfab4ac9d
You provide us with lots of practice.

Very gratified to see that a decent quantity of my feedback reports for SS2 and SCP Beta 1 were incorporated into SCP Beta 2. I'll continue to deal with your putdowns and short sightedness if, in the end, SS2's design and look is more consistent, polished and prettier. In any event, going forward, toning down your constant negative rhetoric (including towards others) will make it easier for all. If not, then maybe you're the one with the brain disorders.

More feedback is on the way, all towards the goodness that will be SCP RC1 (?). I'll let you Devs catch your breath, for now.
« Last Edit: 03. November 2015, 07:24:59 by System Shocked »
1 Guest is here.
(The "X" marks the spot)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6633bfab4df5f