SS2 special characters fonts

3 Guests are here.
Page: 1/32▶▶
663505a348b04
ChokboyzQuote
Tags: °fonts °SS2 °translation
I've noticed that in the French SS2 translation accentuated characters were not displaying at all. Perusing the files, i quickly found that a lot of characters from the iso-8859 font used in System Shock 2 were absent (accentuated characters, the Deutsch Stzet, ...).

Using Telliamed nifty tool, i decrypted the game font files and found that those characters were mostly present in the font files but misplaced (using old cp850 encoding).
I've then proceed and made an extended set of fonts with all the iso-8859 characters (i used the original characters when present).

The installation is classic : place the .fon files in the /res/fonts folder of a mod-ready System Shock 2 installation.
The source BMP are included. Do whatever you want with both files.

Hope this will provide useful, ;)

Chokboyz

Incomplete Preview and download below (alt download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XQCMJO1)
663505a348ea9
KolyaQuote
Thanks a lot for your work Chokboyz, looking good.
Since this might easily come in handy with more than just the French translation I split your post off as a new topic.
663505a348f8d
AssemblymanQuote
Very useful, but does it contain the Dano-norweigan letter Ø? The German and Swedish counterpart would be Ö.
663505a3490b2
ZylonBaneQuote
This seems like the sort of thing that would be perfect to include with SS2Tool.
663505a3491bb
voodoo47Quote
too incomplete to have a real use.
Page: 1/32▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact