66356b4de2345

66356b4de2891
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 special characters fonts
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 7 »
Read 43321 times  

66356b4de3068voodoo47

66356b4de30e2
ok, the attachment contains all six font bmps that are required for a full translation. you will also need the font tool (you need to launch it in cmd and type in the convert commands manually, examples are in my zip).

now the annoying part - you need to figure out into which purple square your own special character needs to be placed so it would be displayed in the game properly (you can resize them, but do not break, delete or add them). once you have it figured out for one bmp, the rest is easy, because they follow the same rules.
66356b4de328b
hmm I think I understand I cant resize the squares just change the character locations?

and how do I use the cmd to do this?
66356b4de33b0
I need to edit the bmp files and change the location of the fonts it is like going in paint ant cut pasting the fonts?

66356b4de34cfvoodoo47

66356b4de351e
I have been using Gimp to edit the bmps. and yes, you need to place your special characters (properly sized and colored) into the correct purple squares, however there is no way of knowing which one goes where, so you will just have to try and see.

once the bmp is edited, you place it into the folder where the font tool files reside, you start the windows command line (cmd), go to the location of thieffon.exe, and type in and execute the conversion command (examples are in my zip as mentioned, see the txt).

you do this one trillion times are you are done.
66356b4de3627
one trillion times XD well thanks for helping.

66356b4de36dbvoodoo47

66356b4de3730
sure. one thing you need to remember when doing anything that's related to the Dark Engine is that there are no free lunches, ever - you will always have to work hard to achieve whatever you have in mind.
66356b4de3819
hello again I tried doind thieffon -c saveload.bmp and found 0 glyphs, do I need to write something else?
66356b4de390e
nevermind there is ofcourse some code missing :P

66356b4de39cdvoodoo47

66356b4de3a21
yeah, it should be thieffon -c saveload.bmp saveload.fon
66356b4de3b53
tried that but the file still says 0 glypsh found maybe I'm doing something wrong. the file is .bmp and what I just did was removing a character from one pink square just to see if makes any difference  and put the file in the theffron folder but nothing happens

66356b4de3be6voodoo47

66356b4de3c47
see if you can generate a fon file from my bmp without editing it.

66356b4de3ddcvoodoo47

66356b4de3e3a
so works fine before editing - that means your editing tool is breaking the bmp somehow. try to use something else - as mentioned, Gimp worked without problems for me (and it's completely free).

maybe even mspaint would work.
66356b4de40e4
hello again, I have another problem. 
I tried changing one character in the file mainfont.bmp. that you sent me.

I can change easily with gimp and the thieffon works perfectly. (converting from .bmp to .fon)

Then I oppened the file fonts.crf from the game folder and tried changing the file, and then opening the save.

the problem is that doing this the game doesn't load the savefile and just close. do I need to create a new save file or something? or maybe I'm not allowed to change the fonts.crf file?

or what have I done wrong?

When exporting the .bmp file I just left umarked the 2 options  first is something about coding lenght and second is about compatibility maybe I need to mark those?
66356b4de41f8
the file iface.crf have some fonts too, do I need to change that fonts too?
66356b4de438c
Well, to sum up, I am testing the translation with the vending machine because it is the best way to test, just click on it to use and the text will appear.

Apparently this uses the (mainfont.fon) font (I guess) so this is why I'm testing with this file first but changing anything makes the savefile unable to load. even using your mainfont.fon without modifying doesn't help

I mean changing the file from fonts.crf archive, located on the folder.

66356b4de44bavoodoo47

66356b4de451e
you do not need a new save, and you shouldn't mess around with crf files, just load the new fonts as a mod - create a new folder inside your DMM folder (you should have that if you have patched up with the tool), name it Translation (or whatever), and create two folders inside, one "fonts", and one "intrface", metafont.fon and SAVELOAD.FON go to intrface, the rest goes into fonts. activate with the modmanager with max priority.
66356b4de46ec
hello, first of all merry crhistmas to all of you I now it is late but whatever.

second of all,  I have managed to make the mod work as you said to use the file as a mod instead of changing the .crf file.

now I have a little problem. some of the characters I wrote, looks like there are 2 characters that lead to them I don't know if you will understand.

some characters are 1 to 1 so when I write them in the subtitles, another character takes place in the game but some are 1 to 2 so 2 characters appear in the game what to do now?

https://imgur.com/py0LVUY here is the image of what I have managed to do

66356b4de4790voodoo47

66356b4de47df
I don't understand what the problems is supposed to be, unfortunately.
66356b4de4937
and my other thought is: for example,  the character ([) appears in the game as (;) so if I go to the font bmp and change the (;) symbol for ([) so the character will be right? but some of them as I said are 1 to 2 so if I write for example (á) in the game apperas as (úü) so I don't know which of the characters ins the bmp file to change.
66356b4de4a43
I'm saying that in the game some characters appear as just one character and some appear as 2 characters

66356b4de4b0fvoodoo47

66356b4de4b5f
ah, I see - that means you still don't have the correct position/purple square, and you need to search for it. might be one of those empty ones - as mentioned, the whole problem is that there is no way to know, and you just have to try until you get lucky.
66356b4de4cc0
Apparently all the keys are in the wrong position for me so for example all the small letters abcdfg... when I write in the subtitles, in the game they appear as high letters ABCGEFG... that is fine. it is 1 to 1

the problem is that some characters for example like (á) they appear in the game as (ú¨ü) 2 letters and I don't know what to do about it. I tried removing the (ú) character from the bmp file just to check if it would be gone as a lot of characters have this ú appearing in the game. as I showed you in that image.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Who's your favourite artificial intelligence:
1 Guest is here.
and it was a hot and rainy summer in a city
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66356b4de4df1