🔒 💡 SHUI - SH[ock/link] User Interface

1 Guest is here.
Page: 1/5▶▶
664b336a76b3e
gaspalorzQuote
SHUI - SH[ock/link] User Interface by gaspalorz

version 1.0 (2011-04-05)

SHUI is a graphical user interface for shlink System Shock loader and a manager for the game itself.

LICENSE:
SHUI is licensed under the terms and conditions of BSD license. See README file for license text and other detailed information.

SHUI COMES WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

FEATURES:
* Provides graphical user interface for shlink and System Shock
* Allows playing game natively in Windows thanks to shlink, and starting/stopping it with just one click of a button
* Retrieves shlink's standard output for debugging purposes
* Keeps shlink's window in the middle of the screen when in window mode to prevent it from running out view
* Provides hotkey (CTRL+ALT+TAB) to switch back from shlink to SHUI
* Provides easy access to shlink's settings
* Transparently writes shlink's configuration file (shlink.ini)
* Detects and provides selection between all available and allowed display modes (game screen resolutions)
* Manages savegames (import, export, delete)
* Validates savegame files and displays their in-game names
* Opens key binding configuration file (XCYB.CFG)
* Opens screenshots folder (GEN)
* Keeps real-time track of playthrough statistics
* Permits launching only single instances of the game and itself
* Deletes temporary files from game's folder (*.AAA, *.TMP)

INSTALLATION:
In order to play and manage System Shock with SHUI, you have to install it to same folder as shlink (where shlink.exe is located) and set 'game path' option found on preferences tab to System Shock's executable, eg. 'C:\SHOCK\CDSHOCK.EXE'. Shlink's mods' path and main script's filename are hardcoded to their defaults: 'mods' and 'mod.txt', respectively.

ATTENTION: because SHUI is a packed executable, running it may raise an alarm from your antivirus software. This is a false positive and should be ignored.

Compile instructions may be found in the README of source package.

QUICK/EASIEST INSTALL GUIDE FOR SSP PLAYERS:
1. Install SYSTEMSHOCK-Portable somewhere, eg. to D:\SSP
2. Install shlink to RES subfolder, eg. D:\SSP\RES
3. Install SHUI to the same folder, eg. D:\SSP\RES
4. Start SHUI
5. Because shlink works only with original executable, go to preferences tab and change the 'game path' to the binary that comes with shlink, eg. D:\SSP\RES\OCDSHOCK.EXE.
6. Get back to game tab and press the START button to play :shiny:

Visual help (note that cdshock.exe on the image is renamed ocdshock.exe):
Image: http://i.imgur.com/GIOnW.png

SCREENSHOTS:
(I have no idea why right window border on those screenshots gets moved to the left side...)

1. Game tab:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZdOgU.png

2. Preferences tab:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/0sBLm.png

2. Savegames tab:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/T5qCk.png

3. Statistics tab:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/7HijR.png
664b336a76fa2
gaspalorzQuote
CHANGELOG:
1.0 (2011-04-05):
* Window of already running SHUI's instance is now activated, instad of flashing in the taskbar, when another one is launched
* Added CTRL+ALT+TAB hotkey to switch back from shlink to SHUI; this hotkey is active only when the game is running
* Shlink window is now forced to stay in the middle of the screen instead of getting moved there just once during startup
* Removed "shlink path" from preferences to avoid user confusion;now, if shlink.exe is not found, start button will be greyed out; additionally, SHUI won't try to save configuration in this case
* Replaced invalid path warning icons with colored backgrounds
* It is now possible to run the game in any correct and allowed resolution in addition to detected display mode selection
* There are now savegame correctness checks and colored backgrounds for invalid or inaccessible entries
* It is no longer possible to import non-savegames from *.dat files
* Savegame deletion is now always carried out by moving to it trash
* Added "silent mode" (aka quick mode) to savegame management
* Most recently saved game is now marked in yellow
* Statistics are now counted in real time in respect to seconds, effectively, thanks to smarter coding
* Discarded pointless "times played" statistics
* Added "par time" statistic which behaves in the same manner as total time counter except that it may be paused on demand and reset independently
* All date statistics are now validated
* Mouse pointer now correctly changes into hand when hovered over Internet links
* Added tooltips for all important widgets

1.0 RC2 (2011-03-16):
* Revamped (again) whole UI - back to notebook, no more menu, status bar and annoying dialogs
* Added checks for shlink and game path correctness and warning icons
* Completely new savegame management with better usability and last-save date display
* Added time difference in days to date statistics
* Game time statistics now show seconds
* Statistics are now saved when quitting SHUI, but keeping shlink still running
* New, better, harder to find easter egg

1.0 RC1 (2011-03-13):
* First public beta
664b336a77197
KolyaQuote
Looks really promising. Can we test it some way or do you want to develop it further first?
664b336a77284
gaspalorzQuote
Well, I believe all current shlink features are covered and all bugs are squished so there is no need to develop anything further (at least for now...). Just appname, main text and graphics need some small tweaking (suggestions are welcome) but this doesn't prevent me from sharing the current working build with you.
I will register somewhere in next week. I'd also like to attach the binary to my post as it has just ~500kB.
664b336a7733d
StingmQuote
Oh I'm looking forward to this ap!
Page: 1/5▶▶

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact