SS2 Vurt's Water

1 Guest is here.
6646fa2e8f278
voodoo47Quote
is it just me, or is something dithery going on with the latest waters? it's like they are not rendered in 32bit or something. linking png screenshot.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6HbtMBk0pYzWVh2VFZzbno0bzg
6646fa2e8f53d
ZylonBaneQuote

Quote by vurt:
ZB: not even sure what kind of stupid point you're trying to make, just fuck off and do something creative instead?
First you acted confused that I used "frame" and "texture" interchangeably, then you asserted that obviously they mean the same thing. Pick a stance and stick with it, eh crabbypants?
6646fa2e8f8e5
vurtQuote

Quote by voodoo47:
is it just me, or is something dithery going on with the latest waters? it's like they are not rendered in 32bit or something. linking png screenshot.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6HbtMBk0pYzWVh2VFZzbno0bzg

I think it's because i've darkened the hell out of the textures.. unfortunately this adds artifacts, it doesnt go well together with the transparency. Imo it's no big deal unless you really study it in very close detail. I could also try saving the textures with interpolated alpha, dont know if it would help.

Edit: try V5.. i couldnt spot any artifacts in that one.. it came out pretty good, probably the most realistic version yet.

ZB: "frame resolution" sounded pretty damn strange that's all, wasnt sure you really meant the textures or something entirely different (like a value in the .mtl or something). Can we move on?
6646fa2e8faa0
blaydes99Quote
I'll also be trying this mod tonight. I always enjoy your work, thanks again.
6646fa2e8fb6f
blaydes99Quote
Hey vurt, just wondering why you did set an animation rate in the .mtl files? I felt the default SS2/gamesys water animation rate was terrible, so I made sure both .mtl files had "force_ani_settings 1" then I added "ani_rate 60" to both and now the water animates smooth and natural. (this was with water v3)

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact