SS2 Vurt's Water

1 Guest is here.
6646c7aba54cd
vurtQuote
that doesnt work for the water.. there's no difference using ani_rate 60 or ani_rate 1.. i've checked numerous times using force_ani_settings 1.
6646c7aba587f
blaydes99Quote
Hmm, but it does for me. Using your water v3, I noticed that one of your .mtl files doesn't have the line "force_ani_settings 1" so I added it, as well as adding "ani_rate 60" to each. Try adding both of those lines to each of your .mtl files under /fam/waterhw and watch the magic happen. The water looks almost pixel-shader quality on my system now!

As ani_rate sets the animation rate in milliseconds, I've also experimented with ani_rate 30, ani_rate 100, etc. and ani_rate 60 seems to be the best balance. 30 was nice but just was too fast to feel natural.

I didn't realize that until now no one was seeing the same effect I achived last night. You seriously gotta see this in action, it makes a world of difference.
6646c7aba598f
vurtQuote
There's no difference between ani_rate 1 and ani_rate 600 when applying it to water, i've tested it numerous times. What you're seeing is most probably placebo. Has anyone else here tried it?

I've used this value a lot when perfecting the ani_rate on the biomatter goo, and there's a huge difference of ani_rate 1 and 600 when this value is working. Look at my youtube videos (both thief and SS2), the animation is perfectly smooth.
6646c7aba5cd3
blaydes99Quote

Quote by vurt:
There's no difference between ani_rate 1 and ani_rate 600 when applying it to water, i've tested it numerous times. What you're seeing is most probably placebo. Has anyone else here tried it?

Oh, it's most definitely not placebo. When I set animation rate to 250 it's slow and jerky, and something like 60 or 30 and it animates really fast and smooth. I can tell you have a lot of other mods going on your machine so you might have a conflict somewhere that is creating the issue.

I should note that I have all my mods in a "\mods\ss2mods" folder and I then add this path to my cam_mod.ini file. For example, I put "mod_path mods\ss2mods" to enable all mods in this subfolder.
6646c7aba5dd5
vurtQuote
really strange, i guess it's because you have made some change to cam_mod.ini, i havent touched my install except for installing v119 and my own mods.

I'll do a reinstall and check to be sure later tonite.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact