66474cd4c8abf

Page: [1] 2 »
66474cd4c9073
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Switched to HTTPS Read 4349 times  

66474cd4c97f0
°SMA
We just switched the whole forum to an encrypted HTTPS connection.
Embedded images that are not served via HTTPS addresses have been converted into links to make the connection secure.

I'm still working on a few things. But post your rants or praises here if you like.
I would be especially grateful if you could post any pages where you DON'T see the padlock icon in your browser bar.
Acknowledged by: Primitive Primeape
66474cd4c9987
Awesome and thank you for going to that extra step Kolya. Sure this is just a fan forum where nothing business worthy or the like goes on, but in light of the increasing trend towards cyberpunkdom Meatspace has been taking I'm glad you're doing something.

66474cd4c9a86Nameless Voice

66474cd4c9ada
I don't get a padlock at all in Opera.
It doesn't seem to trust the cert authority.
(I had to manually trust the cert the first time I came here.)
66474cd4c9def
I dunno if it's just me, but somehow the markings for new postings are kinda wonky now.
Like, I read a posting, then return to the thread listing and it is still marked as new.
Even had my own posting marked as new.

66474cd4ca095voodoo47

66474cd4ca0f8
It doesn't seem to trust the cert authority.
(I had to manually trust the cert the first time I came here.)
same with firefox - it seems like this is why I can't open the site at work (even though https should not trigger the corporate filter). will try again today, maybe it got sorted out with the latest update.
66474cd4ca1fa
Works fine in chromium.
Edit: friend of mine says firefox is yarfing because it doesn't like non-secure embedded content in an https enviroment.
« Last Edit: 26. July 2013, 06:22:21 by Hikari »
66474cd4ca322
@NV and @voodoo: I had that too, but it solved itself very quickly. The cert authority is godaddy, though I chose the other name they offer "Starfield Technologies". In any case, they are certainly a trusted authority. It's likely just case of FF having to update its cert authorities pool and should solve itself without manually trusting.

@Hikari: Which page was your friend viewing?
66474cd4ca56d
I am going to download the messages table from the database now and do a quick search & replace to turn all internal links and image references into HTTPS calls.
During that time the forum will be put into maintenance mode. Shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes.
EDIT: Done.

@Hikari: That's just an explanation of mixed content for which FF apparently plans to have its own icon, like Chrome has.
« Last Edit: 26. July 2013, 06:47:34 by Kolya »

66474cd4ca5ffNameless Voice

66474cd4ca648
Today's error preventing the lock icon:

"Error specification missing"
66474cd4ca8fa
I read that, yeah. One more reason to go for encryption if it screws with their plans.

EDIT: @NV: I'll have a look at Opera when I get home.
« Last Edit: 26. July 2013, 16:00:23 by Kolya »
66474cd4caa03
I got a portable Opera. Looks alright to me.
Tried cleaning your cache and logging out/in again?

66474cd4caad2voodoo47

66474cd4cab24
when I post, and then return to the main forum page, and click on the check new posts link, my own post shows up as new and I have to revisit it for this to go away. using opera.
66474cd4cac37
Just tried this in Opera but also could not reproduce.

I did notice one thing security related though: If you come via the old HTTP address and get directed to the new HTTPS address Opera seems to have problems with the certificate. I therefore recommend updating your bookmarks on Opera.

66474cd4cacd3bluemess

66474cd4cad1c
Works fine here, no issues that I've noticed using Chrome.

// Besides what voodoo47 described about own posts showing up as new unread.

66474cd4cadafJoshsmog

66474cd4cadf6
everything is working fine here, all secure. I think I'm using an older version of firefox though, I always delay updating.

66474cd4caefdVegoraptor

66474cd4caf48
Same here, using FF with the HTTPS Everywhere plugin, also available for Chrome.

66474cd4cafe5voodoo47

66474cd4cb06d
I still have to view a topic a couple of times to get the "new replies" icon to disappear. maybe I'll try to reinstall opera.

66474cd4cb11eNameless Voice

66474cd4cb168
1) Removed the "approved" certs from the security page.
2) Stopped using the redirect from strangebedfellows.de

Works now. :)
66474cd4cb3a0
I read about PFS when researching how to switch to SSL. Interesting.

I made a bunch other changes, some of which are:
- Slightly increased font-size and max forum width
- Everyone can attach expiring files. Available expire periods vary between groups: Guests, members, Contributors (fka "Uploader") and site-staff. You can reset expire dates by editing your post.

For this last one I hired a programmer from Spain, as it's a rather unique feature. Thanks again to the people who donated to this site. Other changes are in the works.
66474cd4cb4a5
Wouldn't be someone from china or india be cheaper?
just kidding ;)
66474cd4cb5b0
I haven't been able to access this website for a few days. I thought it was just down, I cleared my cache and now everything is white except for text and a few images. Everything is jumbled, but once I get to the forums everything seems normal again.

Not sure how to fix it. Using chrome, I will try firefox and see if it helps.
1 Guest is here.
It takes one to know one and I think you got it bad.
Page: [1] 2 »
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66474cd4cb6ae