6633eb00433ea

6633eb0043a55
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4
Page: « 1 ... 36 [37]
Read 186035 times  

6633eb004415e
Alright, i will await further news on your progress however i will most be willing to help get coop operational onto your mod, :3

6633eb00445a2
I was notified that after updating a GOG installation with SS2 Tool, the mod's inner SIM menu (aka where you save manually, during a game in progress) looked scrambled. I fixed that and will be reuploading the file to Moddb.

I updated the download in the first post with the latest version 2.41b, retaining the download count.

6633eb004467eWhocares

6633eb00446d3
I finished SS2 today, and really want to give Infinite a try! However, I cannot seem to get it to load, no matter what I try. I'm running the Gog version with SSTool and Blue mod manager. I've tried it with all the mods off, or all the mods on, but it doesn't seem to work. It just loads the normal game, and not infinite.

6633eb0044830voodoo47

6633eb0044889
make sure you have no extra folders in the Infinite folder, ex. \System Shock 2\DMM\Infinite 2.4\*all the stuff* is ok, however \System Shock 2\DMM\Infinite 2.4\Infinite\*all the stuff* is not.
Acknowledged by: TaxAkla

6633eb0044936Whocares

6633eb0044984
Thanks I got it to work by moving the folder! But I still have the vanilla menu when I start the game and not the new Infinite menu screen.

6633eb0044a24voodoo47

6633eb0044a6e
post your mod loadout.

also yeah, the archive attached to the first post has an extra folder that was causing the issue, will repack and reupload, most likely.

6633eb0044c74voodoo47

6633eb0044cc7
I see no reason why you should be getting the default SS2 menu screens, but maybe look at the modmanager warning. also, any special reason why you are using SHTUP beta6 and its model fix? those were deprecated some decade ago.

anyway, pausing all mods but Infinite and seeing whether that helps would be a good start.

6633eb0044d98Whocares

6633eb0044de5
Ok I've replaced SHTUP beta6 with SHTUP-ND beta1, and got rid of the model fix. I checked and the error I was getting was that the directory name was too long. I've shortened it and everything works now! Thank you so much! :heart:

The only error I cannot get rid of is the one that Infinite_addons_fixes keeps getting. it says: unrecognized mod type?

6633eb0044e72voodoo47

6633eb0044ec5
yeah, because you need to apply those manually, like a patch. see the readmes.
6633eb004525b
also yeah, the archive attached to the first post has an extra folder that was causing the issue, will repack and reupload, most likely.

The mod is 1.5GB and cannot be uploaded through the forum. It needs to be uploaded "manually", I'll look into it.
//Done. I also made the archive name shorter to avoid long path issues.
« Last Edit: 27. September 2019, 22:39:25 by Kolya »
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

6633eb0045463Whocares

6633eb00454b8
yeah, because you need to apply those manually, like a patch. see the readmes.

thanks I got it!

6633eb00455b2Plebeian

6633eb0045605
Hello,

First of all, I would like to point out, that this total conversion of the original game is nothing short of amazing work.  :thumb: With that in mind, is it possible to somehow play this mission together with a friend? I understand, that it entirely disrupts the main point of the game, and the menu didn't seem to have that option, but she has been hooked on the main game and wanting more, and this seems like tons of replayable value.

6633eb00456abvoodoo47

6633eb00456ff
should be possible, but you have to enable MP, the tool has a checkbox for that.

6633eb0045b5cVegoraptor

Re: System Shock Infinite
6633eb0045bb3
I don't think it will be quite as easy as that.
The multiplayer option itself is disabled on the new menu. But returning to the old menu is easy:

1) Open the \Intrface\ folder;
2) Remove all the files inside (like the bunch of pcx, bin and str ones), but leave the folders in (like 1_medsci1, 1_eng1 etc)

If you guys try out the mod in coop, expect the very first level to give you spawn problems for player 2. But maybe, as soon as SHOAN is dead, you will both be teleported safely to the beginning of the Von Braun. The team and I had such a shitty experience with multiplayer (bugs, and progress lost every time), that we had calmly aknowledged to ignore it. :\

edit: as Kolya mentioned, you can just remove or move the whole \intrface folder, for a quick try. Just remember that without the folders inside it, the map won't show in the levels.
And even then, back when I was playtesting, a fun(ctional) MP experience was pretty much ruled out on the basis of progression triggers not being set up with it in mind or something along those lines. You are welcome to try, and please keep us updated, but be prepared to spend a few hours practicing exasperating technomantic rituals.

Maybe this is something that could be helped with using the nuts and bolts we have gained access to in the meantime, but I will freely admit that I have not the faintest idea about any of this stuff.
« Last Edit: 26. December 2021, 13:41:15 by Vegoraptor »

6633eb0046018Plebeian

6633eb004606c
I don't think it will be quite as easy as that.And even then, back when I was playtesting, a fun(ctional) MP experience was pretty much ruled out on the basis of progression triggers not being set up with it in mind or something along those lines.

Firstly, thank you for the intrface suggestion. Removing all files except folders allowed us to set up a multiplayer game. However, that was the extent of multiplayer, as the mission ended up seeing both players as their own version of "singleplayer" (talk about parallel timelines...). Despite Hamachi tunneling and everything set up, it worked as a single player game should: each couldn't see each other, but did not glitch with any cutscenes, instances or enemies. Changing areas had no effect on the other, whereas in proper multiplayer, the others would be prompted to jointly load.

Sadly, it seems that it's the end of my report... Without having an idea how to "tether" both players, seems like it's a bust for now. Thank you for all the help, eitherway.   :D

6633eb00464f5pcgames30

6633eb0046547
xdiesp
Hello Matteo,

since 2000 I play System Shock 2.
In 2015 I found and played System Shock Infinite.
In 2019 System Shock 3 was announced.

A few days ago, when I read the coming of System Shock 3
is uncertain, I remembered System Shock Infinite,
which I hadn't played for years.

In 2020 I bought System Shock 2 v2.48 (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) at GOG.
This version contains two setups, setup_system_shocktm_2_2.48_(31077) in english
and setup_system_shocktm_2_2.48_(german)_(31077).

I installed the english version first.
Then I renamed the folder "System Shock 2" to "enSystem Shock 2".
Now I installed the german version, the folder is "System Shock 2".

So I can play the english or the german version of System Shock 2 as I like.
The folder, which is not played gets renamed "enSystem Shock 2"
or "deSystem Shock 2" before the start.
The path to System Shock 2 is always C:\GOG Games\System Shock 2\SS2.exe.

To play both versions of System Shock 2 and System Shock Infinite,
I installed System Shock Infinite like a portable version.

To save space on partition C: I installed it on partition E:.

I copied the content of the english "System Shock 2" folder to
a new folder on partition E: and named it "System Shock Infinite".

Then I tested three ways to install System Shock Infinite with
System_Shock_Infinite_Full_2.41b.7z.

First I used the SS2BlueModManager 1.16.1, second the SS2Tool 6.1.1.8
and last the manual install with FMSel only.

All three ways worked.

To get a clean install, I renewed the content of the folder
"System Shock Infinite" three times.

After the installation I extracted the Psi Pull Addon in the
"System_Shock_Infinite" folder.
The path is E:\System Shock Infinite\FMs\System_Shock_Infinite.

Then I activated FMSel and started System Shock Infinite via "Play FM".
This path is E:\System Shock Infinite\SS2.exe.

So I have two shortcuts on the desktop.

C:\GOG Games\System Shock 2\SS2.exe
for both versions of System Shock 2
and
E:\System Shock Infinite\SS2.exe
for System Shock Infinite.

At the moment I'm at the The Fluidics Control Computer
and it seems, that System_Shock_Infinite_Full_2.41b
is the best version of System Shock Infinite ever.

I also use Psi Pull and Psi Bolt to get things
and fight Protocol Droids for example.

System_Shock_Infinite_Full_2.41b and System Shock 2 v2.48
are the perfect match and playing System Shock Infinite is great fun.

Thanks for the version 2.41b!

Greetings

Roland

6633eb00465favoodoo47

6633eb0046646
I think

there are a bunch of

duplicate and

redundant steps but

sure if it works for you

then it's fine.

6633eb00466fapcgames30

6633eb0046753
Yes, if I wouldn't save space on partition C: it would be easier
to put System_Shock_Infinite in the english System Shock 2 folder
and switch between "Play FM" and "Skip FM".

6633eb00467e2notaavatar

6633eb004682d
i found this. i hope its something good. i feel empty after secmod

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock takes place on a space station named ...:
1 Guest is here.
Captain, the planet is on scan now...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6633eb0046933